Gaming What do you and what you don't like about 3DS?

Nobunaga

Empty
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Well i created this topic to see what people does and doesn't like about 3DS

I don't like the Region Lock because if a game will get released in Japan and we want to buy it we won't be able to play it :/

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Likes-

- awesome analog slide pad, comfortable and functional
- the 3D effect DOES enhance the gameplay (for me) in 3D platformers
- the 3D effect itself really works and is quite striking on a visual level
- i love the 3D slider itself, lets you control the effect completely
- graphics took a nice leap above the normal DS
- not only allows you to play old DS games, but allows you to use the analog slider for better comfort
- buttons all feel solid
- mine at least feels pretty darn sturdy and well built

Dislikes-

- as with most systems, the launch lineup is thin (good games, but many being ports)
- region locking bleh
- battery life kind of sucks (thank god we have rechargeable batteries now)
- some multimedia features aren't yet supported and will take a month or two to be released

I considered putting the price, but i actually felt it was pretty fair after weighing all the consequences. Biggest current issue to me is lack of current original games. There are good and solid titles available, but they tend to be ports. Thankfully, that's being rectified soon enough.

I was overall rather impressed with the 3DS though. It certainly has flaws, but the biggest pros i can give are the analog slider and the 3D effect. I was very skeptical about the 3D being anything more than a visual effect, but it actually improved my precision in Rayman 3D when platforming thanks to the added sense of depth. With a game like Mario, i'm very psyched to see how it will work.

I'll also mention this in passing. I didn't personally have any gripes as my system seems solidly built, but people are reporting issues with hinges and other such issues. Also, some people dislike that there's a slight blur filter on DS games. Again, i didn't mind it, but it's there to be criticized so there you go.

cruddybuddy

Group: Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
varpness.com
XP
Country
United States
PLEASE fix the title of this thread. PLEASE!!! As Americans, English is supposed to be our native language. For the love of Benjamin Franklin, FIX THE TITLE!

EDIT: I just read the content of your thread as well, and I retract my previous request to fix the title. You have clearly created a fine parody of the abhorrent misuse of English grammar. Well done!

On second thought, just change your "flag" to a different country and we'll call it good.

EDIT 2: Damn, why am I being a grammar Nazi tonight?

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
granville said:
Likes-

- awesome analog slide pad, comfortable and functional
- the 3D effect DOES enhance the gameplay (for me) in 3D platformers
- the 3D effect itself really works and is quite striking on a visual level
- i love the 3D slider itself, lets you control the effect completely
- graphics took a nice leap above the normal DS
- not only allows you to play old DS games, but allows you to use the analog slider for better comfort
- buttons all feel solid
- mine at least feels pretty darn sturdy and well built

Dislikes-

- as with most systems, the launch lineup is thin (good games, but many being ports)
- region locking bleh
- battery life kind of sucks (thank god we have rechargeable batteries now)
- some multimedia features aren't yet supported and will take a month or two to be released

I considered putting the price, but i actually felt it was pretty fair after weighing all the consequences. Biggest current issue to me is lack of current original games. There are good and solid titles available, but they tend to be ports. Thankfully, that's being rectified soon enough.

I was overall rather impressed with the 3DS though. It certainly has flaws, but the biggest pros i can give are the analog slider and the 3D effect. I was very skeptical about the 3D being anything more than a visual effect, but it actually improved my precision in Rayman 3D when platforming thanks to the added sense of depth. With a game like Mario, i'm very psyched to see how it will work.

I'll also mention this in passing. I didn't personally have any gripes as my system seems solidly built, but people are reporting issues with hinges and other such issues. Also, some people dislike that there's a slight blur filter on DS games. Again, i didn't mind it, but it's there to be criticized so there you go.
This. I been pretty much saying this the whole time, but then my likes to some people = the 3DS is godlike. How do people even get that?

Dislike the battery, but I can deal with it and understand it isn't even Nintendo fault.

Even say I want XL one. Is that a dislike?
laugh.gif

I do wish the 3D could be used by everyone.

Although I read that the ds blur could be a little fix with bright control, turn it to 4 lv while playing them.

QUOTE(ZeroDeception @ Mar 31 2011, 12:17 AM) Isn't their already a thread about this.
I think there just what you dislike about 3DS only.

spiritofcat

Trophies
XP
Country
The only thing I dislike about it is that it's so small.
I don't mind the size of the screens, but the buttons are tiny and I have to hold my hands too close together when using it.

Other than that I love it.
The 3D screen is very impressive and the games and apps included with the system are a lot of fun too!

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Granville nailed it.

I can't add much other than the amazing stuff that ? block AR card and 3D camera does as that's really fantastic watching the world of whats on my cam (ie the real world) be warped and terraformed in real time for those archery and ball shots game. I see large positive potential with that camera as a really fun tool side from face capture. The thing is pretty smart, that MiiMaker picked up a face very well for me, I just was a bit close so my eyes were off and the head I angled bad so was round, but all the rest was spot on which made me smile.

Also as I said in another thread, the 3D may seem really poppy in some stuff, but where you can't use shadows to judge such as pilotwings and ridge racer, it really give a more natural real feel of positioning which I love as it really does help.

I can't think of any other downers other than what I've seen so far. Also if I noticed it right, I'm not sure I like how EVERYTHING is saved to the SD card because it appears all settings are, not just saved games and images/audio. If the card eats it, are you screwed?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 90K it's fine lol