What do you think Nintendo's next console could be?

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
New Switch or Switch Mini, just going with Nintendo's theme for handheld systems.
We don't need a Switch Mini, the Joy-Cons are already for kid's hands. We need a Switch XL, with bigger Joycons for adults.

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No they will have a Switch with 3! screens, eye tracking and two dockingstations that will render the screens and eye tracking useless.

and inside will be some super high end prcessor that was used in the iphone 3 and the controller will be even smaller and designes so that even the last people will have to break their fingers to use it.

Reactions: Jayro

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
No they will have a Switch with 3! screens, eye tracking and two dockingstations that will render the screens and eye tracking useless.

and inside will be some super high end prcessor that was used in the iphone 3 and the controller will be even smaller and designes so that even the last people will have to break their fingers to use it.
Seems hyper realistic.

Reactions: Aldoria

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
TBH I am tired of too many consoles, Nintendo makes good consoles, but I would like it better if they just provided some digital market a la Steam or a GaaS like EA Access or Xbox Game Pass, or whatever, so you could just buy their games on your PC or console of choice. Same goes for Sony and Microsoft. It is a pity the Steam Machines were expensive pieces of shit, but I would really prefer a GaaS model where they get their revenue from subscriptions and the actual consoles are the same for all of the games, maybe you can get the high-end console, or the mid-level console, or the handheld console, but they all can play (at least some part of the spectrum) of the GaaS provided by the company you subscribe to........... oh wait, what an unpopular opinion! /s

kingfrost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A dedicated portable that is more portable than my Switch. A true successor to the DS line. I don't care for the "hybrid" nature and we don't get as many games as we did in previous generations when we had both so there is no advantage for me.

Reactions: Eddypikachu

GunzOfNavarone

Trophies
XP
Country
It will be a revised Switch - better battery consumption,higher resolution, better GPU. I don't see them returning to the standard home console after this.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
We don't need a Switch Mini, the Joy-Cons are already for kid's hands. We need a Switch XL, with bigger Joycons for adults.
Going with Nintendo's theme and they tend to make both of them.

Bowl0l

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Nintendo already released their next gen console in Japan. A normal Switch which doesn't come with a charger and dock.
Now you can't play anymore games after 3 hours of play.

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
Personally I hope they keep shit like this up. I'm a PC gamer and I don't even want Nintendo to be another company who pretends to be able to keep up with that. Give me more unique good shit and I'll buy it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Nintendo already released their next gen console in Japan. A normal Switch which doesn't come with a charger and dock.
Now you can't play anymore games after 3 hours of play.
Ah, yes, beause a USB C cable is impossible to find. What kind of crazy person has a spare USB C cable..

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo has been toying around with touchscreens for a while now, but never did anything really big with it...yet.

Their next home console will have it that each controller is a touchscreen. But unlike the wii u, the touch screen will be the primary source of input. This will allow each game to have its own button configuration and layout. They will be taking advantage of sony's patent from the early 2000's that makes it so you can 'physically' feel the buttons on the screen. It will support 4k, but as always, the gpu is not going to be powerhouse.

There is still about another 4 years before nintendos next release cycle, but they are certainly already working on it.

Nyteshade714

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo has a long history of hardware revisions. I'm willing to bet that their top priority right now is a Switch revision that runs similarly to current models (with slightly improved specs to convince people to buy), but does so with completely different (or patched/modified) hardware under the hood so it's not vulnerable to the same Tegra exploits as current models.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/sQK1btk8ZUs?si=Z4p2kuM_7fXV7_Ps