Gaming what do you think of the new zelda?

how much did you like the new zelda?

• it's the best zelda game ever

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • it's a good game

• can be better, but i like it

• it's ok

• don't really like it

• it's sucks so much i want to break my DS

• Total voters

kentasama

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
so, what do you really think abut the new zelda?

is it just me or this game sucks?
it's too easy, too obvious and the stupid train is sooo annoying (and actually that's what braked me)

I really think this is the worst zelda game that was ever made. it's a bad game. and all the other zelda games are so good!
i am a zelda fan since i played the "link awaking" first time on my game boy, seriously, i played every zelda game (not to include 1, 2 and Phantom Hourglass) a few times because they are so good.

i think that what really ruined the game was the fact that there is no real world that you can travel in, instead the stupid train take you from place to place and that's why you can't really explore the game (it was also the case in Phantom Hourglass, but the game was still nice)
the whole zelda thing was that you need to think where to go and what to do, and now they just tell you what to do all the time..
and come on- only 5 temples???? what's going on? why this game is soo easy?

i am really disappointment, i expected for a good zelda game.. and this is all i get...

what do you think?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I found it pretty fun.
My biggest complaint with it though was the stupid instrument thing >.< God that got old the first time I failed at it
I am not kidding, I honestly failed that like 10 times on the first one. Since then I gave up on the game and started playing Castlevania Dawn of Sorrows again
So I guess I lied a bit and i am pretty disappointed by it.

danweb

Trophies
Website
www.syn.org.au
XP
Country
i am fairly new to nintendo gaming. I have only been in it for about 5 years, before that i had a PS2, so i haven't played any other zelda games apart from phantom hourglass. I thought that it was much better than phantom hourglass. I agree with what you said about the train getting to be just a pain but i liked being told where to go (for obvious reasons). I got bored of phantom hourglass quite early in the game but i was able to play all the way through this one in less than a week. Overall, yes, there are much better games for the DS (can't speak for if it is a horrible zelda game but...) this is still quite a good one for someone with no other zelda experiences
biggrin.gif

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A Gay Little Cat Boy said:
I found it pretty fun.
My biggest complaint with it though was the stupid instrument thing >.< God that got old the first time I failed at it
lol

That something to get use too. I think it great, I guess it could have been harder making it longer,but i think 5 temples are good for each (Zelda hourglass and the new zelda) so lol's and story would not seem drag out and I like the side missions too.

After I think about it I weather have the items then the flute , but again something to get use too. Like a bird whistle or something...

Hope they make another one. Zelda and Mystery of the Giant Birds anyone?
smileipb2.png

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
Can be better, but I like it.
The game utilizes the mic too much, it gets annoying.
The train makes things too linear, "select route, avoid trains, shoot stuff, reach destination" and it keeps repeating.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Nothing special to the game. I dislike the train travelling as it gets old really fast. I'm also not a fan of the stylus control, at least give us an option to switch, Nintendo.
frown.gif

CrimsonFist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
KingVamp said:
I found it pretty fun.
lol

That something to get use too. I think it great, I guess it could have been harder making it longer,but i think 5 temples are good for each (Zelda hourglass and the new zelda) so lol's and story would not seem drag out and I like the side missions too.

After I think about it I weather have the items then the flute , but again something to get use too. Like a bird whistle or something...

smileipb2.png

There are 6 dungeons and one of them is as big as at least 3 of the temples

tenentenen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edhel said:
Nothing special to the game. I dislike the train travelling as it gets old really fast. I'm also not a fan of the stylus control, at least give us an option to switch, Nintendo.
frown.gif

Seriously, why do people keep complaining about this, just because you are not used to it does not mean that it is bad, just that you dont want to lean a new controll method. It was the same for brawl when people were like,"playying with the wwimote and nunchuck sucks ill use gamecube." which is not true its just different, but in no way worse. I enjoy the control scheme. it is user friendly, and just DIFERENT not WORSE in my opinion

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
I like the game. It's enjoyable and sweet. It fulfills all my wishes of blowing a train whistle, playing a pan flute, AND seeing Zelda be useful for a fricken change other than for the VERY end.

The use of the microphone is nice, and the little bits where you get to get your fortune told is kind of cool. This feature COULD have been expanded upon, but I don't think it would have worked as well....

The storyline is also top notch. I would never have expected train tracks to be the chains of an evil demon, nor would I have expected Zelda to help you at all. Some parts may be a bit sketchy, and a lot of the content comes from sidequests (stamps, bunnies, force gems), but it's a nice game nonetheless. The environments are very nice, and the music and sound effects are top notch.

9/10, just because there's NO TRAIN RIDING IN THE DARK. Yes, I know about the lost woods and the caves, but that doesn't count. I mean AT NIGHT.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
tenentenen said:
Edhel said:
frown.gif

Seriously, why do people keep complaining about this, just because you are not used to it does not mean that it is bad, just that you dont want to lean a new controll method. It was the same for brawl when people were like,"playying with the wwimote and nunchuck sucks ill use gamecube." which is not true its just different, but in no way worse. I enjoy the control scheme. it is user friendly, and just DIFERENT not WORSE in my opinion

Well that's your opinion. I would say I am used of it, contrary to what you assumed, seeing as I played and completed Phantom Hourglass. I just feel it doesn't suit the Zelda series and feels gimmicky. That said for those of you who like it, they should give us an option to choose which we want to use.

Sir_Shaggy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm on the 4th track map and so far I'm liking the new zelda game. Its a bit linear compared to phantom hourglass and the puzzles aren't that great, but overall its a great adventure game.

Having Zelda along brings the series to life. Most of the time she's out of the picture like Princess to the Mario series. I think this story line is setting up for the next rumored Zelda on the Wii, where they explore the spirit of the sword?

kentasama

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
CrimsonFist said:
KingVamp said:
I found it pretty fun.
lol

smileipb2.png

There are 6 dungeons and one of them is as big as at least 3 of the temples

it's a temple only if you get a heart at the end of it.. that's y it's 5
tongue.gif

and it's doesn't matter the size of them.. in "oracle of ages" (gbc) there is a temple that divided to two temples in a different ages, and still, it count as one. why? > because at the end of both of them you get one heart!!

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've enjoyed it more than I enjoyed Phantom Hourglass.

And what's with all the panflute complaints? I'm on my way to the Sand Temple and I haven't failed one yet. Not even once.

gringosam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you didn't like Wind Waker then these two sequels are probably not going to strike your fancy. I love the game style, and the touch screen controls are pretty much perfect. I've yet to try Spirit Tracks, going to get it soon!

GameSoul

youtube.com/variantdevil
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
OH I forgot! I remember playing WW on GCN. It had night and day time. Why can't the DS games have that?

Btw, I played the game and it's good. I just think they could have improved on many things to be user-friendly and not annoying.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong