Gaming What is so good on FE series?

Justin20020

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hello guys, I want to play some others games as pokemon and so on. I heard or I read very often that the Fire Emblem series are the best if you‘re interested in RPGs. I tried it but I found it too boring. I don‘t know why everyone is so hyped about it. can you tell my what it makes so special? Maybe I will find a way to be interested in this game

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you like Pokemon, but don't like FE, play Pokemon Conquest. You can get introduced to Strategy RPGs, while still having knowledge on the Pokemon series. Maybe you just don't like strategy games. Maybe you should try FE: Warriors and see if you dislike FE in general.

Justin20020

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you like Pokemon, but don't like FE, play Pokemon Conquest. You can get introduced to Strategy RPGs, while still having knowledge on the Pokemon series. Maybe you just don't like strategy games. Maybe you should try FE: Warriors and see if you dislike FE in general.

Alright, I‘ll give a try on pokemon conquest. I love strategy games. I played a lot age of empires, empire earth and really all Command and conquer games

Reactions: H1B1Esquire

dizz00

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
If you like strategy game Stella glow is better than fe imo. Or ffta it's gba vc though, or ffta2 if you have ds flashcart, or devil survivor series, i guess i just don't like fe in general.

Last edited by dizz00,
Reactions: Justin20020

DrewyPoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I second the recommendation to Pokémon Conquest! Great way to get a taste of Fire Emblem-like gameplay while surrounding yourself with a Pokemon environment that you enjoy. Check LP videos of gameplay on YouTube!

romanaOne

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't get FE either. The strategy game is fine, although nothing new. Having to press A through a silly visual novel is not fun. The GBA FE was OK in its day. But I don't think there is much new to these FE 3DS games except more stupid movies and pressing A through interminable dialogues between characters I just don't care much about.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The 3DS games aren't as good as the previous games. Although the 3DS games introduced a ton of new features, they were really lacking in the character development part of the game. The previous entries in the series had deeper stories and character development that made them extremely engaging to play.
Edit: Although Fire Emblem Echoes does have Mae and I have a thing for characters named in any veneration of the name "May." So Echoes gets points from me because of bias.

Last edited by The Catboy,

dizz00

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I don't get FE either. The strategy game is fine, although nothing new. Having to press A through a silly visual novel is not fun. The GBA FE was OK in its day. But I don't think there is much new to these FE 3DS games except more stupid movies and pressing A through interminable dialogues between characters I just don't care much about.
It's the opposite for me the story is ok, but the gameplay is nah. I played fates, but i watched the other the gameplay is the same more or less.

AT-LOWDeSu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What fire emblem game did you play? Personally I don't see how pokemon games are more stimulating than fire emblem, unless you've only played Awakening/Fates. Those two are a bit lackluster as far as the series goes. I'd suggest trying Shadows of Valentia, then giving an opinion on the series.

ov3rkill

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm not a fan of SRPG either. But I'm guessing the good thing about FE is the characters and story, I've only played about a few hours in FE Awakening. The story was interesting but I didn't get to finish it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...