Hacking What is the best free cfw

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have TSEC and Device Keys. This are not the keys needed?
It is unlikely you obtained the proper keys. The proper keys and the method to obtain them are private.

In the unlikely event that you have the proper keys, you should leak them. It would benefit everybody, including the developers, as they wouldn't have to reveal their exploits to implement 7.0.0 support.

Reactions: jscjml

ludyan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Bought my switch few days ago, went straight ahead and installed atmosphere. Not a thing to complain so far, it's pretty stable (even though it's not even in v1.0) and usb install works like a charm on tinfoil, i'm getting pretty good speeds when transfering. Don't see the need to pay for SX OS, imo XCI loading isnt really needed when you can install 15gb games in less than 10 minutes through usb.

jscjml

Monster Hunter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah if you're not interested in emunand imo no point in getting SXOS. So just use atmosphere/etc in that case.

I guess you can still load games from an external hard drive with SXOS, but I heard ReiNX is taking this feature (and its cheat engine) soon too so this will be obsolete. All thats left is for the free CFW's to implement emunand.

gkri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I dump the keys using biskeydump v8. It's allegedly support FW 7.0

But I'm very new in these scene; if you tell me that probably my keys are wrong, I believe you!

Thanks!

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

those are your unique console keys, they are needed for hacdiscmount for nand rebuilding, keep them somewhere safe

They keys needed for 7.0 are the public keys which are shared between all consoles, however we currently have no way to get the said keys that is publicly known, because when we do, nintendo will probably release another update

Priyam

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Atmosphere is pretty much the best option; it'll probably be the first to support the latest firmware too.

ReiNX is your second best bet, but it currently lacks the ability to restart back into cfw when the console crashes (which happens more often than you'd expect). It also doesn't support overclocking yet, but I expect it will when overclocking is more stable. Aside from that, it practically does the same stuff as Atmosphere but with an anime splash screen.

RajNX is dead and will probably never support the latest firmware.

Can you explain this a little more about restarting console in cfw after a crash. Is that really possible in atmosphere? What's the procedure?

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Can you explain this a little more about restarting console in cfw after a crash. Is that really possible in atmosphere? What's the procedure?

Yes, it's possible, saw the video on scires's twitter, basically you have the files on your SD then when you fatal it reboots and auto injects the payload from sd, well that's my understanding anyway

Reactions: Priyam

Priyam

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Yes, it's possible, saw the video on scires's twitter, basically you have the files on your SD then when you fatal it reboots and auto injects the payload from sd, well that's my understanding anyway
Sorry for derailing the thread, just last question, is it required to have autorcm on for this function to be available?

Reactions: thorasgar

Rayvon

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
trying to get it in rcm with jig but keeps booting to dash and its asking me to update mico sd . im on 6.2
Hey, you need to format your scard to fat 32 download sdcard formatter or google for something like it, can’t remember the app I used but you need to be in fat 32, Don’t upgrade the switch firmware

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is supposed to be closed source and signed by SciresM so that the exploit won't get burned. Thats the main reason. You should be able to chainload other payloads through it.
It won’t be closed source and won’t use the exploit. But it won’t work unless it’s signed with a specific key (which only scires has iirc)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
    +1
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @rqkaiju2, Physical media is a great source for archiving your data, none of that cloud storage shiz.
    +1
    [squeezes @SylverReZ onto a physical media, then archives you in my old stuff box] :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, should i change my pfp to one of these or keep it the same?
    iu

iu

(i guess i could change it to one of my other pfps too, but i just want to see what you guys think first)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Up to you.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    smug sonic time lmao
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Chronic The HempHog
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtapU5nI6G4 +1