What is the best video game controller ever?

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Yoshimashin said:
PyroSpark said:
Yoshimashin said:
Have you guys ever played a fighting game with the GameCube controller? Doesn't really work.

I have, and it works beautifully. n_n

LoL, no.
LoL, entirely subjective.

kicknhorse

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
N64 controller. Nothing will ever beat this.

The xbox ones are comfortable, I will give them that, but the N64 ones fit and work so perfectly (except maybe for playing the original Turok).

The PS controllers (all being virtually the same) just really hurt your hands after a few hours. The Gamecube ones were nice, but all the old megadrive and snes ones et cetera again become uncomfortable after long periods.

Therefore I conclude, the N64 controlled is the only for long term playing.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like how people are under the impression that the only good way to chart the effectiveness of a controller is by seeing if it works for one specific genre of gaming. You kids are so crazy. It's not like controllers are meant to be universal for multiple genres.

So yeah, if fighting games aren't good on a controller, it doesn't mean the controller sucks. It just means it's not good for fighting games. Fighting games aren't the only type of video games out there, stop thinking they are. Besides, people who REALLY love fighters usually buy fight sticks.

Anyway, yeah, Xbox 360 controller or the Gamecube controller are my favorite.

And I'll also be the first to throw out the original Gameboy in terms of handhelds. It was simple, all the buttons were accessible, and I never got hand cramps like I do nowadays on my PSP and DS (the DS with FPS games or games that use both bumpers is torture).

giratina16

Born This Way
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
For me it's the playstation controller. It just fits nicely in my hand, it's not overly bulky like the Xbox controller and it's not too small. I prefer Nintendo to Sony however.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
the Les Paul controller...!!
biggrin.gif

Gore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ca_michelbach said:
Yoshimashin said:
LMAO did you seriously use WIKIPEDIA to prove me wrong?

Wiki fuckin' Pedia... hahahaha
I could have used any site, for example...
IGN: http://uk.ign64.ign.com/articles/160/160494p1.html
Wikipedia just came to mind first.

QUOTE(Yoshimashin @ Jul 3 2010, 08:47 AM)
It doesn't matter what you call it, it is by no means a traditional fighter and has nothing to do with what I am talking about.

Also, IGN? You are full of fail sites.

I LOVE HOW NEITHER OF YOU EVEN CLICKED THE LINK NOT EVEN THE ONE WHO POSTED IT
The very first FUCKING sentence is "Let's start off by saying that Super Smash Bros. is not really a fighting game."

oh yeah, currently Dualshock 3 but i havent used many controllers for a long time

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Gamecube. After a minute you don't even know you have a controller in your hand.
Also the wiimote with all extensions, nunchuck, classsic, guns, etc. is like all previous controllers combined.
Makes playing games in different ways fun. Makes people choose their control method too, what i like.
Makes it perfect for old gen gaming too, ( emulators ) wich are also compatible with the GC controller.

D

Deleted-247497

i like the xbox controller, feels good and all buttons are comfortable to hit, i also like gc controller other than the shitty d pad

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6igvB1yR04A