Hardware What is the rarest DS Flashcart?

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think the rarest DS flashcart is the original R4
Ones with the white shell are extremely rare, as those are the early revisions with a spring-loaded slot that kept jamming.

Dscf0030.jpg

They still sell them but without the sticker on AliExpress and Ebay.
Those are clones of the original R4 and of the Ace3DS.

Last edited by SylverReZ,

lifehackerhansol

i write working(?) code
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pretty sure he was trolling ...he usually is.
No, the original R4 is indeed currently being sold on Aliexpress. There have been people mistakenly purchasing them every once in a while in other communities like Discord and r/flashcarts.

Now, where is my Acekard RPG...

Pomegrenade

photon readings negative
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Love seeing everyone's catridges, i've updated the first post with my own (small) collection.
Post automatically merged:

No, the original R4 is indeed currently being sold on Aliexpress. There have been people mistakenly purchasing them every once in a while in other communities like Discord and r/flashcarts.

Now, where is my Acekard RPG...
The Acekard RPG is awesome, still my favourite cart to this day!

Reactions: kineticUk

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Myself... nothing really rare (since 2015: an r4ids.cn, an EZ-Flash 3in1 "new" which I painfully converted to full size, a 3rd edition* R4, an Omega) unless you count the 2nd edition* original R4 I bought at an electronics fair in its heyday but got stolen along with the DS from under a car seat :(

1st edition = original, boxed, all the bells and whistles pictured above (give or take a different USB card reader, both sucked anyway), springloaded SD slot
2nd edition = original, boxed, no miniCD, pull to eject
3rd edition = the modern 100% clones with the ugly rounded sides, no website on the label, tiny transparent packaging, and a different but equally shitty card reader

Friends had N5s (contemporary R4 clone with some reputation for blowing console fuses), can't say you hear of those anymore but they already were as a best avoided (if you knew better) cheap knockoff; the rich ones had DSOne or just a PSP :D

Shadow_The_Hedgehog82

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Nice collections, these are mine the r4 is my original from when i was a kid, been trying to get more cards but theyre fairly hard to find on ebay, the supercard isn't original it's one of the recent clones i put a label on it. I did have a sky3ds a few years ago but i lost it along with my new3ds i left my backpack on a bus lmao

Attachments

• IMG_20230612_123938870~2.jpg
    IMG_20230612_123938870~2.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 48

Shadow_The_Hedgehog82

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Might as well share my collection now that it's expanded quite a bit (and is still growing as I wait for further carts to arrive, or even show up for sale).
I may or may not have a slight obsession with Slot-2.
Found a flash2advance on ebay for quite a good price, does the software work on newer windows do you know? also thinknig of getting an ezflash 2, hope that white ezflash 4 shows up on ebay at some point also it looks awesome

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
  • Love
Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If we are continuing with the premise of the thread and seeking the rarest then the team cylops cycloDSi/ievolution https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/CycloDS_iEvolution sold a fair few carts, I would wager way more than some random R4 clone or thing that got swept aside with the rise of the original R4
We can't forget one of the uncommon and rarer ones: N-Card, N5, DSTWO+, EZ-Flash Redux, PassMe, DSerial Edge.

emmanu888

6 years and still going strong
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Looking through this, i didn't know the DSTWO was a rare find nowadays.
Glad i got that because i wanted GBA emulation on my 3DS before the rise of Gateway and jailbreaks.
I guess both the Gateway 3DS and Blue Gateway are rare as well.
Only the blue card is still in use today, the main card is just a nice historic piece nowadays of where 3DS hacking once was.

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
20230729_003229.jpg
I use a R4 card but I do own the CycloDS. I have other flash carts too like for example the drag'n derp for gb/gbc. Just thought I'd post this box. I keep various sd cards and stuff init.

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Reactions: StrayGuitarist

StrayGuitarist

A genuine feline disaster.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Janni9009

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Found a flash2advance on ebay for quite a good price, does the software work on newer windows do you know?
F2A carts are useless without an xLA Linker. Those are pretty damn hard to find. And no, software requires 32-bit Windows, ideally XP (thanks to M$ driver signing)
We can't forget one of the uncommon and rarer ones: N-Card, N5, DSTWO+, EZ-Flash Redux, PassMe, DSerial Edge.
1:1 functioning N-Card clones are quite common. (Neo MK5 especially, also saw someone who has a metric ton of "Express Card" branded variants for sale).
PassMe is still sorta around, almost every Slot-1 cart has it as a feature, and actually works on all consoles and without weird save jank (PassMe v2 specifically on that one).
Seen a couple DSTWO+es around... for way too damn much money. (you thought 100 was bad for the normal DSTWO? Pay 4x that for the same cart with like 1 extra completely useless feature).
Also encountered a few N5s, even in support on DSi-Mode Hacking! and NH.
DSerial Edge is definitely a rare, and pretty unique one at that. Haven't seen a single one for sale, nor someone who has one yet.

Omegapsy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 385626 I use a R4 card but I do own the CycloDS. I have other flash carts too like for example the drag'n derp for gb/gbc. Just thought I'd post this box. I keep various sd cards and stuff init.

Got a Cyclo myself along with a handful of R4 clones and an Acekard 2i. I bought an original R4 LONG ago when I was in middle school, but I have long since lost it.

I love finding flash carts in pawn shops.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol