8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
You haven't given a single reason why yet.
Because I don't use it, and I don't want to use it. I want to be able to press any combination of buttons (if need be) without opening up the menu. I want to have the regular 3DS system running with no menu sideloaded or potentially opening.

D

Deleted-406011

I don't use it, yes. But I want to be able to flat out turn it off.

> A: "We just don't want menu toggling our project" isn't an acceptable reason to reject this feature
> B: "Well why do you want menu toggling in there?"
> A: "I just don't want it"
>

Last edited by ,
Reactions: DarthDub

lordkaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because I don't use it, and I don't want to use it. I want to be able to press any combination of buttons (if need be) without opening up the menu. I want to have the regular 3DS system running with no menu sideloaded or potentially opening.
you won't be able to open it by accident.

C0mm4nd_

Aspirant Wii U homebrew dev :P
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Italy
Then put an impossible combination, stop. It's the only way (or just learn C)

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why don't you want it to check for the combo?, it doesn't consume any resources and it doesn't affect the performance of the games, you're being irrational.
Let's take a look at the inner loop: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Lum...3c95ea/sysmodules/rosalina/source/menu.c#L172

Compiling using gcc-6.3.0 for ARMv6k: (via https://godbolt.org/)
Code:
inner_loop():
  push {r4, r5, r6, r7, r8, r9, r10, lr}
  ldr r4, .L14+8
  ldrb r3, [r4] @ zero_extendqisi2
  cmp r3, #0
  popne {r4, r5, r6, r7, r8, r9, r10, pc}
  adr r7, .L14
  ldrd r6, [r7]
  ldr r8, .L14+12
  ldr r5, .L14+16
  ldr r10, .L14+20
  ldr r9, .L14+24
  b .L2
.L3:
  mov r0, r6
  mov r1, r7
  bl svcSleepThread(long long)
  ldrb r3, [r4] @ zero_extendqisi2
  cmp r3, #0
  bne .L12
.L2:
  ldr r2, [r8]
  ldr r3, [r5]
  bics r3, r3, r2
  bne .L3
  bl menuEnter()
  ldrb r3, [r10] @ zero_extendqisi2
  cmp r3, #0
  bne .L13
  mov r0, r9
  bl menuShow(rosalina_menu_t*)
  bl menuLeave()
  b .L3
.L12:
  pop {r4, r5, r6, r7, r8, r9, r10, pc}
.L13:
  bl N3DSMenu_UpdateStatus()
  b .L4
.L14:
  .word 50000000
  .word 0
  .word terminationRequest
  .word HID_PAD
  .word .LANCHOR0
  .word isN3DS
  .word rosalinaMenu
menuCombo:

That's a total of 33 instructions, most of which execute in a single cycle. When the key combination isn't triggered, it waits 50ms before running the loop again.

EDIT: Missed some instructions, because apparently copy/pasting from godbolt.org is broken if the text is scrolled off the page.

Last edited by GerbilSoft, , Reason: Missed some instructions.
D

Deleted-406011

But what if I need to open it? I can just untoggle the setting. It makes sense to be there as an option.

The potential for confusing users outweighs your perceived (solely psychological) benefit. Set it to an impossible combo, and if you need the menu again, just delete config.bin. You've got to reboot anyway. It's just that simple.

Also, this will not be implemented. Period. No ifs ands or buts, no matter what. Sorry, you're just wasting your time.

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
The potential for confusing users outweighs your perceived (solely psychological) benefit. Set it to an impossible combo, and if you need the menu again, just delete config.bin. You've got to reboot anyway. It's just that simple.

Also, this will not be implemented. Period. No ifs ands or buts, no matter what. Sorry, you're just wasting your time.
So how about adding a 'delete config' to the Luma settings then? So this can all be done on a 3DS?

I believe your perception of confusing end users is off. I highly doubt this setting would affect anything, other than give the user more choice.

Edit: Just so I'm clear, and this all hasn't been a misunderstanding, I mean adding a toggleable option to the Luma 3DS settings. The menu that opens when holding Select on boot.

Reactions: Xiphiidae

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
That doesn't make sense, especially on a New 3DS, when it could be set to simple toggleable option in the settings.
326762993570414594.png

C0mm4nd_

Aspirant Wii U homebrew dev :P
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Italy
So how about adding a 'delete config' to the Luma settings then? So this can all be done on a 3DS?

I believe your perception of confusing end users is off. I highly doubt this setting would affect anything, other than give the user more choice.
This "reset config" makes a bit more sense, but i still think that'll not be implemented

Reactions: lordkaos
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3