What Japanese proxy service should i use to buy gameboys?

PandaSD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi, i’m new here so this might be a stupid question and i’m sorry if it is. I have tried sendico, but not won anything yet. Should i try another proxy service? I’ve heard of buyee and something i think is called zenmarket, but i don’t kniw if they’re better than sendico.

Thanks for any help

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They're all a pita imho. I looked at zenmarket and in the end decided to just buy 2 GBA's off "Amazon Renewal." I'm just going to mod them with funnyplaying screens so I'm not concerned about collectibility. If I were a person looking to buy big bundles of functional retro hardware though, to flip on ebay, then it might be worth the hassle.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi, i’m new here so this might be a stupid question and i’m sorry if it is. I have tried sendico, but not won anything yet. Should i try another proxy service? I’ve heard of buyee and something i think is called zenmarket, but i don’t kniw if they’re better than sendico.

Thanks for any help
Sendico are good, I haven't personally used them, I had a look a few times but didn't find anything I needed. But their prices seem fair, and from all the YouTube videos from multiple creators I've seen, they always pack things very well, and they seem to be well liked.
You do have to spend quite a bit to make the shipping cost worth it, that's kind of unavoidable, and one reason I haven't bought things from Japan yet.

PandaSD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Just be sure to check the description with care to not buy into not tested stuff!
I’m actually looking for broken gameboys, so i can get cheaper and fix them myself. Thank you for your tip anyways.
Post automatically merged:

You do have to spend quite a bit to make the shipping cost worth it, that's kind of unavoidable, and one reason I haven't bought things from Japan yet.
Yes, i’m aware of that, but i can probably get one from a proxy with shipping for cheaper than they are on finn.no

MichiS97

"Leftist snowflake milennial"
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have had mixed expierences with both Buyee and Sendico.
Buyee is very simple to handle and you don't need a prepaid wallet that you have to top up before making any bids and stuff, you just pay directly with PayPal for example. However, they are very restrictive with the items they allow you to buy. Apparently, they won't let you buy anything which has an AC adapter. I've tried buying used PS2s and PS3s over Buyee and basically all of those lisitings are listed as "prohibited items" by Buyee.
Sendico on the other hand requires you to put money in your digital wallet and you can only bid on auctions with the money you have in your wallet. Which is fine, but adds extra steps. They have less restrictions on the items you're allowed to purchase and I have successfully bought Gamecubes and other consoles from them. Lots of Game Boys too. What's also interesting is that they allow you to edit the final invoice that gets used for customs and everything...so of course, you shouldn't manipulate the prices to pay less custom fees. Definitely don't do that.

Reactions: moni_k3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.