OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ATF Cleaner? wtf is that...
MountISO, I am good with Magicdisc.
Internet Download Manager? Sounds useless... And by reading what you told meh, it sounds really useless for me.
Ifranview, I am good with Paint.NET + Photoshop (even though I don't have it)

dawn.wan

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ATF Cleaner is a little stand alone program (no install) that cleans out temp files in windows and your web browser. Its very useful taking out those little bugs that like to hide in there, or just clearing space in general. First time I used it cleared 4.7 gigs of temp files even after running the Windows Clean Up.

Adware spyware -> Dr Cureit, it will run even if your shit gets infected and other AV and your system properties are blocked.
->hijackthis - it's like task manager if your shit gets infected and cant open task manager.. and the people on the forums are all good Samaritans.

AV - > Kaspersky.. Resource hog but nothing can fuk with it. I heard something about making the demo in to a full version beta /w updates indefinitely...google?

Silverlight will be dead soon..

BiscuitBee

Semi-Resident Cookie-Bug
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
For a no-frills CD/DVD Burner, try ImgBurn. Freeware, too
smile.gif

B-Blue

slut
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Antarctica
Splych said:
People told meh to get ESET. Is it that good? Like why would it be better than avast!?

nah, it's really not that good. I've been using Avast! for a while and it's much than that ESET crap.

ATF Cleaner is not as good as CCleaner or Glary Utilities. so stay away.
Internet Download Manager isn't free and not as good as Flashget. With Flashget and Flashgot (Firefox add-on) you can download the whole internet :3

Get irfanview. It's not just an image editor! it's much more than that: http://www.irfanview.com/
And Get IZarc instead of 7-Zip. It's much better than Winrar.

dawn.wan

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
CCleaner killed my settings AND file associations.

Glary.. its better than CC...but both programs work with registry. Atleast Glary makes a back up.

ATF Cleaner just cleans temp files.. so your registry is safe. Any program messing if you registry can fuck up you shit.. so take caution.

ifranview.... yes its free and its good for low resource comps.. I ditched it as soon as i bought PS. Google Picasa is not that bad either.

winrar is winrar.. if it aint broke dont fix it.

B-Blue

slut
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Antarctica
dawn.wan said:
CCleaner killed my settings AND file associations.

Glary.. its better than CC...but both programs work with registry. Atleast Glary makes a back up.

ATF Cleaner just cleans temp files.. so your registry is safe. Any program messing if you registry can fuck up you shit.. so take caution.

ifranview.... yes its free and its good for low resource comps.. I ditched it as soon as i bought PS. Google Picasa is not that bad either.

winrar is winrar.. if it aint broke dont fix it.

CCleaner can backup your registry too. I've never had any problems with it.
irfanview is a viewer and editor. Can view whatever you want. play whatever you want. Images, music, videos, text files, etc... . it's a must.
Winrar is not free.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
avast! is something I am staying with then ^^.

CCleaner is something I might get, but I never did use it when I got it before...

I don't really care how I get my downloads... so it doesn't really matter.

IZArc, got it. I liked it better than 7-Zip anyway, it was just that my dad recommended it. But was using IZArc before already.

Ifranview? It doesn't seem like I need it.

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
VLC is a cool media player but if you'd rather have everything play in WMP then just install K-Lite Codec Pack Standard. It has most video codecs and works fine with WMP. But I wouldn't recommend both a codec pack and VLC since VLC already has it pre-installed.

CCleaner is a very nice application but use with caution when using the registry cleaner. You can check most of them except unused file extensions because it will delete them if you haven't used them in a while. So if you haven't unpacked a multiple RAR pack in like a couple months, your system won't remember files like .R6 or something like that. Bottom Line: CCleaner a must have to clean your system efficiently.

Recuva is a good file recover program generated by the same team that makes CCleaner so it has a similar interface as long with good reliance.

As for WinRAR or 7-zip, I have 7-Zip just because its has a faster compress & uncompression speed but its uglyyyy. The icons are not that great. That why I used Types 1.3.0 to assign new icons for my most used file compression types.

Auslogic's Disk Defrag and Registry Cleaner are also very fast and helpful to your system especially the Disk Defrag. Most Auslogic's programs work VERY well.

Lastly there about 3 other programs i have that i find helpful. Any Video Converter, TagScanner, iDump. Any Video Converter (Free Edition) is an app which has most video formats and almost all codecs to convert to, it has a variety of video sizes to convert to, video & audio bitrate edit, A/V sync edit, ect. TagScanner is to edit your audio files so that they have the artist name, album, album cover, ect embedded into the file so that when you insert them into Itunes, theres no editing. You can do all this as a whole instead of editing each one by one. Finally, iDump is a free app used to export movies & music off an iPod Nano or Classic. It doesn't work with iTouch or iPhone.

~ Jon

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Stepcroc, I'm stuck.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Those are monitor lizards you dunce.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I'm funny. lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Eggs and roasted potatoes came out good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching the first omen and so far it's not the priest doing the scaring
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Shouldn't the kid be the scary one?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The second omen: the chior boy gets his revenge
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Reverse exorcist: it's when you hire a demon to remove the priest out of a small child.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hire Kendrick Drake possessed a minor again
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, I'd run away from his singing too.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wonder if Drakes still allowed to use his Instagram
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds like everyone has some great imaginary friends
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Yeah, that was insane.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Don't know what Drake was even thinking.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What every rich scumbag thinks that they can put their dick on anything and get away with it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I better hide my silicone Tifa doll
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What did Drake do, exactly? I don't follow celeb gossip.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Supposed accusations that Drake groomed a minor.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Allegedly groomed a 17 year old Instagram model or something along those lines
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Yep, something like that.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Not the first time this has happened with Drake.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Not the first time this has happened with Drake.