What would be the spookiest game console to find in a haunted house?

Seliph

Best Girl ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm not joking.
Imagine you're going through a decrepit haunted house, suddenly you see a blueish flickering light coming from out of a room. You cautiously creep into the room. Floorboards creak ominously and you hear a faint sound of static. You turn into the room and see that the source of the light is an old CRT (or HD, depending on what console) TV, you don't know why or how it's on because it's not even plugged in. Your eyes scan the room and you notice something hidden in the shadows plugged into the television, it's a game console covered in cobwebs and dust. What console is it?

Personally, I think the spookiest console to find would be a Sega Dreamcast. It's a console that you so rarely encounter that it'd be surprising the suddenly stumble across it. Plus that controller... it's terrifying.

Last edited by Seliph,

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think an Atari Jagur would be creepy. It's JUST on the edge of being recognizable but still pretty obscure. It's got an aggressive design and weird looking controllers. But it could have been an almost serious competitor to the Genesis/SNES but it got heavily outplayed by gen 4 consoles. Anything more obscure to me is just a joke (3do, Apple Pippin, Amiga32) just don't have enough backing to be scary. But I think a jagur. Is perfect.

A Polybius arcade system.
So serious question, do you think those ever honestly existed in 81? I have major doubts but I'd love to be proven wrong.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
So serious question, do you think those ever honestly existed in 81? I have major doubts but I'd love to be proven wrong.
Honestly, if they existed, we would have systems around. It's like impossible to have "heard" of something without any actual evidence.
That would be like if they said the same about the Nintendo WiiU but no system could be found anywhere.
Heck, even the rarest game shows up at some point.

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, if they existed, we would have systems around. It's like impossible to have "heard" of something without any actual evidence.
That would be like if they said the same about the Nintendo WiiU but no system could be found anywhere.
Heck, even the rarest game shows up at some point.

To be fair, stuff like the E.T. dump site were long held as gaming legends and turned out to be true... that being said, though, Polybius is just a bit too far-fetched to really take seriously.
At least the former was somewhat believable all along.

Also, to answer the original question, a Virtual Boy set up in a decrepit home would be kind of creepy to me, I guess.

CORE

3:16
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I would tend to agree with @BORTZ and @DKB The Jaguar or 3DO but since they beat me too it I guess I will pick another.

"You enter the living room With the older Dial Switch TVs or Knobs and Pong Console is sitting there playing by itself Paddles turning you just stir at the glowing screen with anticipation"

Last edited by CORE,
D

Deleted User

I think an Atari Jagur would be creepy. It's JUST on the edge of being recognizable but still pretty obscure. It's got an aggressive design and weird looking controllers. But it could have been an almost serious competitor to the Genesis/SNES but it got heavily outplayed by gen 4 consoles. Anything more obscure to me is just a joke (3do, Apple Pippin, Amiga32) just don't have enough backing to be scary. But I think a jagur. Is perfect.

If it does exist, it would be in an extremely run-down arcade as predicted by the Simpsons
maxresdefault.jpg

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It’s be a Sega Genesis with the cd rom, 32x, and game genie all hooked up with those extra tall EA cartridges, such as the great King’s Bounty. That setup was hideous!

Song of storms

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
What an interesting question! I think that I would see any console I recognise as "oh cool that's the X console" and not be spooked.

Or maybe one of those consoles that were canceled before release. Now that'd be something!

MockyLock

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Nah...
the creepiest console to find in your haunted house would be for sure an Asmtrad GX4000, specially if it is running Barbarian II.
Nightmares for the rest of your life...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: No prob and btw, welcome to gbatemp! :grog: