What's happening to my computer?

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I turned the PC on, and these things happend:

Avast Antivirus's real time protection cannot turn on. (I tried)
Google Chrome and Rockmelt does not open. (but there are processes in the task manager)
League of Legends login tells me I put in wrong login details everytime. (I have quadruple checked)
Firewall cant turn on (I went to windows security and tried from there, nothing)

So I dont know what the fuck is happening to my PC
I deleted Avast, cause I thought it was blocking the programs. turns out it wasnt. I tried replacing it with MSE, but I cant install, it hangs at "preparing install" or something.
I ran MBAM, it got stuck at "enumerationg registry files" or something
I went to safe mode, I did the MBAM scan from there, it worked, found two viruses, i deleted them.
I rebooted the PC, and it still isnt working normally.

Then i was all out of ideas, I remebered combofix. I thought, what the hell, I might beat the crap out of this PC anyway. So i decided to run it, I downloaded from another PC, put in a usb and ran it.

It was at the point of creating a system restore point when at the bottom right corner, something flashed very quickly, But I read that it must be the firewall, turning on. The my computer worked normally. Chrome started, I installed MSE and all.

Now Im scared to trun off my PC. :0
anybody know what happened? If not, can anyone direct me to a good forum that can help with these kinds of stuff? I really want to fix this. Thanks! :)

Solution
Sounds like that computer of yours is on deaths door.

The best advice anyone of us can give is backup any irreplacable photos videos e.t.c. and then wipe the system clean and start from scratch, I personallly suggest using Windows 7, it's suprisingly good, and considerably better than XP and Vista ( in my opinian).

after that you can start clean and fresh, you'll also be 100% sure of the things you put on there aswell. If you're downloading programs do so from verified safe downloads.

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ah I would, but, We bought this PC from a "friend" and looks like he installed a custom XP OS (Black 18)
Reading off the CPU case, I found out it originally had a Vista Home OS (its still has the product key thingy)

This is the first time I've had a problem with this PC, so im not really sure what to do.

Strider

Next to the mainstream
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Your pc is the type I would never use to input ANY personal data or login information to ANYTHING. It's just far too risky, you'll never know who gets it.

Man up and buy Windows and do a clean install. Otherwise you could never trust it anyway.

You're scared of turning your pc off, you should be scared of turning him on!

OmegaVesko

Trophies
XP
Country
You have a pirated XP (aka "custom"), there's really not much different about it other than a custom theme and stuff.

Personally I think you should just buy Windows 7 and install that. It's really not much more expensive, and it's TONS better than regular XP, let alone whatever wreck you have on there right now.

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sounds like that computer of yours is on deaths door.

The best advice anyone of us can give is backup any irreplacable photos videos e.t.c. and then wipe the system clean and start from scratch, I personallly suggest using Windows 7, it's suprisingly good, and considerably better than XP and Vista ( in my opinian).

after that you can start clean and fresh, you'll also be 100% sure of the things you put on there aswell. If you're downloading programs do so from verified safe downloads.

Solution

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: yeehaw