Hacking whats the difference with the dstt and dstt adv?

stayingarmed

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure that he didn't ask for recommendations, so why are people so fast to try shoving a different card down someones throat every time they say anything about the DSTT?

"I was looking at a new Honda, should I get a Civic or an Accord?"
"Get a Ford, or a Chevy, or even a Dodge! Yeah, Fords are good!"

rolleyes.gif

ricflairandy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ha, thanks guys. I just wanted somthing cheep that does the job, was going to get an acekard but they wont have stock untill after xmas, so i orderd the 6 dollar dstt. Wonder why the clone costs more?

I just hope the dstt arrives in time, cant see it seeing as it was only shipped on the 13th!

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lord_Darkrai said:
DSTT Advance is not a clone. If its a clone, how come it has an official website from Top Toy?
Just because the URL contains DSTT doesn't mean that its an official TopToy website.

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
syst3merror said:
I'm pretty sure that he didn't ask for recommendations, so why are people so fast to try shoving a different card down someones throat every time they say anything about the DSTT?

"I was looking at a new Honda, should I get a Civic or an Accord?"
"Get a Ford, or a Chevy, or even a Dodge! Yeah, Fords are good!"

rolleyes.gif

And I'm pretty sure they gave their opinion after answering the OP's question. Kinda like extra info that the OP could use. I wonder why it bothers you so much.

twit21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joey Ravn said:
And I'm pretty sure they gave their opinion after answering the OP's question. Kinda like extra info that the OP could use. I wonder why it bothers you so much.

Because it happens all the damn time in this, the DSTT forum. Every time somebody starts a "is the DSTT a good card?" thread, the first five or so responses are always the same: "it works fine, but you should get [insert other brand here] instead."

jruschme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tanas said:
The Advance is a clone.

The Advance is a clone though, reportedly, it passes the test for a genuine card because the manufacturer took the extra steps to disable writing to the flash chip. (Can someone who has one confirm that.)

Their software is the regular TTMENU plus Moonshell plus an initial loader to select between Moonshell and TTMENU (and provides access to backlight adjustment and touchpad calibration). The latest version is 1.17a which is not the 1.17 from DSTT, but the older 1.15 (from before the fakekiller was added).

The Advance is more expensive, though it does have a side-mount SD slot rather than a top-mount one (if that's important to you).

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
twit21 said:
Because it happens all the damn time in this, the DSTT forum. Every time somebody starts a "is the DSTT a good card?" thread, the first five or so responses are always the same: "it works fine, but you should get [insert other brand here] instead."

That's because there are better choices than the DSTT for most users. It's sad, but true.

-Bri

plexo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSTT is basically the new R4

it works, its cheap(get a real 1 dont buy from dx), and its easy to use

the fact is Bri there is loads of carts out yes some even better im sure we could go on forever naming them but the dstt allows u to run roms, thats what about 80% of people want, if not more than that, nothing more nothing less simply the games they are interested in, they would blankly stare at you if u asked them what their favorite homebrew is...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, did you get drunk?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No I don't drink much when i goto bar, cause I driving, or if/when I do, ill take a uber/cab home. But I'm working on it now tho I'm home, beer n whiskey shots today.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He's afraid he might wake up next to ancientboi the next day
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What a "Scared Straight" moment that would be.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A friend give me a $35 cigar, and pssf, just as good as a $5 one. But of course gonna have to tell him it was awesome.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    What makes a good Cuban rum soaked cigar is a nice cosmopolitan to go with it.
    +1
    Used to do that every time I went to Miami on business
    There was this little bar I would stop in have that combo and watch the beach
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've never met a girl named cosmopolitan, but cool. And where do you insert the cigar? Mr clinton
    Slightly more than 35 dollars lol but I was making thousands on a job.
    Cosmopolitan is just vodka and cranberry juice lol
    I'm a martini glass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My dental assistant is Cuban I'm gonna have to him for cigars and sandwiches now
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea wish I could get Cubans cheap, they are ridiculous priced up here. But they are hard workers.
    I think I was paying like 75 back in the early 90s
    Rolled on the thighs of virgins if the stories are to be believed
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't think we belive any of your stories
    That's honestly for the best lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd read his autobiography.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "If I may have done it."
    I'm deliberately vague about some of the details sure it's been 30 years but some crimes don't have limitations
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Psis sex life is Dubai
    FB-IMG-1717887564361.jpg
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or I picture its like quagmire from family guy, gigity.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Or I picture its like quagmire from family guy, gigity.