What's the game you regret purchasing the most?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Probably Pokemon OR/AS. Was super hyped for Gen 3 remakes, and they turned out pretty awful IMO. One of those rare times I've pre-ordered a game I thought I knew I would enjoy, and ended up being wrong.

Other than that, not too many come to mind. I generally follow the whole "pirate to try before I buy" process, so I avoid buying games unless I'm 99% sure I'll get (at the very least) my money's worth out of them, or unless they're super cheap in a bundle/free.

D

Deleted User

can't really think of just one, so i'll form up a small list

Crash bandicoot NSane trilogy
Overwatch
Payday 2
TUG
Driveclub
my ps4 overall tbh, 30fps absolutely murders me
Pokemon moon
digital repurchase of mario kart 8 deluxe since i found the physical copy i lost like 2 days later

there's probably a couple more i can't think of at this very moment

Ricken

Waiting for something to happen?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pokemon SuMo was painful to me. I truly hate how hand-holdy the games are, and I still haven't bothered to play either all the way through yet.

RattletraPM

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Probably Quake 4. I already knew it was disappointing when I saw it discounted at a local GameStop years ago so I thought "How bad could it be anyways"?

Long story short it isn't a bad game per se but it simply isn't Quake. ID decided to scrap the fast-paced, twitch-shooting, frantic action for a slow "Halo x Doom" crossover with a meh storyline... at least for the singleplayer, that is. They actually decided to keep the old gameplay mechanics for the multiplayer, which is honestly an incredibly bad decision if you ask me as most FPS games out there use the single player mode as a sort of training grounds for multiplayer matches. Hell, the Quake 3 SP mode was nothing else than bot matches, afterall. Plus the Quake 4 multiplayer mode had a smaller (now nonexistant) player base and wasn't all that different than its predecessor, so you're better off playing Quake 3/Live anyways.

D

Deleted User

The physical copy of Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm Trilogy on the Switch. The game got a physical release in Japan and eShop release everywhere else. My Japanese sucks and I can't enjoy the story sequences without English subs.

Last edited by ,

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Tom Clancy's The Division.

Clearly Rushed, Unfinished, and incompetent developers who had no fucking idea how to balance RPG mechanics. Don't even get my started on the Season Pass........

It was the last game which stopped me from pre-ordering anything

Last edited by stanleyopar2000,

MegaGenesis

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
For me it was Pokémon X. My expectations were high, because all NDS era Pokémon were gold, and BW2 were by far the best games, but i was met with bland storyline, shallow characters, and super easy CPU, not even the Kalos region and OST were that memorable. To make everything worse, Nintendo released both Pokémon X and Y for free just a few months later on Club Nintendo, and since i didn't had registered my 3DS and had one of the promotional games (SM3DL), i got Pokémon Y for free.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not really purchasing a game I suppose but

Archeage

The beta was incredible. Had a blast every round of closed beta, enjoyed the alpha, bought like $500+ worth of stuff. Then it just went to absolute shit when it launched because Trion is one of the worst game companies to ever exist. The F2P community was also shit though. Just a bunch of toxic retards.
Game had a ton of potential to be fun. Too bad Trion got their grubby hands all over it.

Siveon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fate/Extella:the umbral star for switch I played like 15 min in and was like seriously wtf is this lol. Id rather of had 5 copies of FF3 than 1 copy of this garbage.
I'm wondering why you bought it in the first place if you didn't even know what it was. I.E. A sequel to a spinoff series of visual novels.

To answer the question, I've bought too many games to remember. I'd say Dynasty Warriors 7 though. Bought it full price over Duke Nukem Forever, both choices were terrible but I was like 12.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Longer battery life cooler temps and faster! What's not to like lol (probably expensive as hell)
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    [checks my dildo(s) batteries, coolant and lube] :O [promptly replaces them] :D
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Lol not even for sale yet to public, and already sold out. I'd like to get one but ill wait for the hype to calm down.
    +1
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    I'm pretty sure I wasn't on GBAtemp at all yesterday, whenever I tried to go onto the website I got an unexpected database error
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We all teamed together and decided you needed a day off, so we blocked you.
    +2
    No one expects the database errors!!!
    +2
    Hey a thought occurred to me... If they are unexpected database errors, are there expected database errors?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, that's just a pre-order term to make the product look better it's not sold out
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Never expect a website to last 24/7 it's like section 8
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    good afternoon fellas
    +1
    Gotten tag!
    Gutten lol
    Autocorrect isn't always correct
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    however,sad news today, although idk if i can say it bc it relates to a rom site
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Rom or Ram site? Cause there's a big difference
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    rom,like game files
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    know what? to paraphrase sonic: "no GBAtemp rule in the universe is gonna stop me"
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    vimm's lair had to remove a bunch of games because of nintendo, sega, and lego
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Got taken down? Another one bites the dust
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not taken down, but had to remove a bunch of games
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sirloin sounds good tonight
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah it does
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: yeah it does