Gaming What's the most interesting thing you found out in Minecraft N3DS so far?

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
I'm a minecraft noobie (first minecraft, technically...speaking). Also found that it's hard to locate your old settlements. (I built a stone tower (4 spaces with torches) so that I can work on my housing situation.) Haven't found gold yet, but did end up making a bit of iron based things (yay for a furnace that works?).

I hate how the ladders work in this game (they feel like elevators).

There was a glitch with coal not working with the furnace. Had to swap out a few pieces of wood to get it working and then pop in the stack of coal.

Last edited by astrangeone,

Amaljaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I assumed that the small square of map was all there was and kept myself restricted to it for several days. >3> After mining everything and basically hollowing out the entire ground desperately for resources I decided to go to the edge of the map and discovered an entire world.

Whoops.

Also I find the sensitivity option for the c-stick to be helpful. I don't know why it's set so low, it makes it difficult to use when it's so slow.

Reactions: fedehda

Izeman

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Biggest thing I noticed - and reason I IMMEDIATELY stopped playing - no 3D support. Dev said it's coming "real soon" so I have hopes, but as a non-fan of Minecraft to begin with, the 3d effect was the one thing I was really looking forward to having read the announcement (tried VR on the phone and while it was awesome - controls were crap). So - here's to waiting for 3d before I hop back onto the game.
Wait, what??? No 3D?? That is so stupid, quite as stupid has having no touch controls on the Wii U version.
What are those Mojang guys doing, seriously? They take ages to port the game on different platforms and then don’t use peculiar features of those platforms!
We weren’t expecting Minecraft on the 3DS, ok. This is good news, but, man, seriously. The 3DS has 2 main features: dual screens (one with touch capability) and the 3D vision. You can’t deliver a game like Minecraft without taking advantage of 3D! (Yes, GameFreaks: I’m also looking sto your Pokemon game series!)
I hope they get to that pretty soon. I’m waiting for the Better Together update on the Switch but will take a look at the 3DS version too once it gets the 3D effect it deserves.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I couldn't play too much of the game because it only runs at 15-20fps in almost all areas
What are you playing it on? The other guy in the thread said it’s 30 FPS locked

SANIC

GBATemp's Sonic Fan in Residence, 後
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know what's goin' on :/
Started to play this version of minecraft because I was bored.
Haven't played Minecraft for years.
Played a bit, was able to build a Obsidiangate to get to the Nether.
Can someone explain why the Nether is so... empty`?
Is your world super flat? If not you just generated up in the air

Izeman

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
It is locked, meaning it can never go above 30, but it can still go below. I'm playing it on a n3ds, like everyone else
That’s so sad :(
BTW, usually “xx FPS locked” means it never goes UNDER xx, save for very brief moments. Not being able to go ABOVE is usually called “capped at xx FPS”. This is why I asked.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I don't know what's goin' on :/
Started to play this version of minecraft because I was bored.
Haven't played Minecraft for years.
Played a bit, was able to build a Obsidiangate to get to the Nether.
Can someone explain why the Nether is so... empty`?
Man I suck at this game.
You played “a bit” and got to the Nether. In “a bit” I usually am able to just get some coal and maybe a stone sword so I don’t die as soon as a spider comes my way :( :( :(

Reactions: fedehda

Catsinabucket

Permanently Uncertain
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The awkwardness of using the C-stick to control a first person camera.
(As you can probably tell I only played for a few minutes and I'm yet to play it again)

Garblant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The awkwardness of using the C-stick to control a first person camera.
(As you can probably tell I only played for a few minutes and I'm yet to play it again)
It's kinda strange, normally I would crap on the camera controls too, but it's not that bad when you replace the c-nub with a psp joystick.

Also, I played the game with the fps display plugin on and it's not that bad tbqh.

(Note that I also play the switch version regularly too)

EDIT:Thinking about it some more, the only thing that I can't say anything positive about is the price, or the content that's currently in this version but is inaccessible until either we mod the game or they make it available via a patch.

Last edited by Garblant, , Reason: Realized something

XxShalevElimelechxX

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
huh... well I have played a few different minecraft clones on android some of which looked alright,, but I sucked at minecraft,, I always die as soon as it becomes night time,, but I might get this for the hell of it, I have terraria but still haven't played it lol
I have around 2500 hours on Terraria, this game is amazing.

hobbledehoy899

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If you play in a single session for long enough you'll find a Herobrine referance. It's been years since this myth was popular, so I don't know why they added it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://doublepulsar.com/recall-stealing-everything-youve-ever-typed-or-viewed-on-your-own-window...