whats the simplest/easiest way to play xbox isos?

phoood

taking it to a whole new level.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have a xbox ISO sitting on my laptop's hard drive. I forgot why I downloaded it, but now I am in possession of a xbox, so I wanted to know if there was an inexpensive (more like free) way to play the ISO.

If there is no "inexpensive" way to do this, tell me my options.

Thanks.

phoood

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Softmod the Xbox. That should allow you to run a burnt iso image on the hardware.
I need a desktop to do this. I don't have one, but if I use someone else's, would it work?

As for a modchip, would the only thing I need to do is buy one, install it and flash it? (then mess with everything else like the dashboard)

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You will need a computer to do any sort of modding to the xbox. The modding requires that you download some programs to run as a dashboard. If you're taking about just not being able to burn. As someone posted above, you can extract the iso, and if you have a properly modded xbox, just ftp the data to the xbox then run a patching program that will patch it up on the hard drive.

phoood

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I said I needed a desktop since the guide I'm looking at says to hookup the xbox's hd to the pc's motherboard while a cd burned with "linux.iso" is in the drive.

There's another file called evox.ini.

Would the method I said above work?
& is this another sloution that works:
QUOTE said:
As for a modchip, would the only thing I need to do is buy one, install it and flash it? (then mess with everything else like the dashboard)

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
For softmodding, all you need is a memory unit for the xbox, a way to hook that memory unit up to a computer, I think action replay has something like that (there is alternative to this). There is a save exploit for certain games, the one I see the most is probably Splinter Cell. The memory exploit will allow you to run different unsigned codes.

The alternative to using an action replay is to buy a usb-to-xbox controller converter and getting a compatible usb drive, there are very specific flash drives that work for the xbox as a memory unit. The one I have is a Lexar Media Jump Drive 128 mb.

As for modchips, you would want to get a no solder chip, unless you have some skills at soldering. There are a bunch of different no solder chips, the one I use is the Xenium. You will have to find bios to flash the xbox with. There are install disks out there that provide all of the content, from bios to alternative dashboards.

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
yeah softmod ur xbox... it rocks
smile.gif

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
easiest and least expensive way is to pick up a 2nd hand copy of splinter cell (or 007 / mechassualt) for £1 or so and a action replay/exploder/gameshark for around £5-£15.

Then spend 10mins clicking the A button and you are done.

phoood

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i did just give you a link telling you VERY SIMPLY how to softmod....
just ignore it....
No, no, I didn't ignore it. No hard feelings; I read the whole thing.
That article helped me find out my options, and ATM, it sounds like the best one.

Anyways, here's another thanks for the scrubs encode
grog.gif
... although it's killing me that I can't download anything from there.

spas

Trophies
XP
Country
I've gotta say softmod is here and all mod chips are now obsolete because of some lazy programmers?

Bad code checkers?

Microsoft Publishers that missed the exploit?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Veho, where's the poll at?
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    they're giving the internet an open text box?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I never played or own any of they devices, but I like small style, but with a somewhat grip
    oh man, that always goes great!
    im sure half the responses won't be literal racial slurs or "drop table" jokes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Look, it's China. They know what it's like when you give a poll to half a billion trolls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much dollar do you think it is?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    ONE MILLION DOLLA
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I know the pricing of electronics nowadays isn't "how much it actually costs" but "how much we can get away with", but putting up a poll is just cynical.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably $150 someone said Anbernic said around the same price as rg556
    you know which game i wish they would rerelease
    sonic unleashed
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make it a happy meal toy
    that game's engine is really fucking intensive so it runs like literal shit on xbox 360 and ps3
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah I'm getting value creep again. I look at a $50 console "but for just a few more dollars you could get XYZ" and I end up considering the Steam Deck.
    like the lighting in that game was genuinely so good
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not getting dragged into that again.
    i dont get why they didn't port the one game that ran the worst on consoles, to pc
    like you port everything to pc except the one game where it would make the most sense. why. what do you gain from this
    is sega just personally fucking with me? are they laughing while watching me through my kinect camera as i get up to restart my xbox for the third time because the game froze again
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Buy handhelds from five below better quality
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Valve probably going to do another refresh of the deck this fall with rog ally like specs tbh
  • Veho @ Veho:
    A smaller form factor would be nice too.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A shield portable 2 would be nice aye Nvidia
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: A shield portable 2 would be nice aye Nvidia