Hacking What's worng with my DS??

happydance

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
When i turn on my DS fat, it just turns off again automatically.

i replaced it's casing in the past and replaced it again since the hinge is kindda broken but not that severe, that after that those symptoms shows. I'd check both F1 and F2 fuses with a multimeter, but there are okay.

it's kindda hard to google for solution since can't put in to words whats the right keyword to search for.

i also got this DS (fat) that shows this symptoms, but this one was working in the past and has a broken top LCD, so i just left it in the closet until i can find a replacement but when i turn it on poof it turns off again.

do any other parts that i can check? do DS motherboards get damage with static discharge??

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I'm not being funny as I guess you have already tried charging up the DS,

Does the battery get charged up OK ?? - this is usually one indication of the fuses (I know you said you've checked them)

Does it make a good connection when inserted ? - you may've damaged/squashed a battery wire

(not sure how you would check to 'properly') but have you checked the battery to see if it 'drops off' when under load (just checking with a digital volt meter doesn't usually work - you would need to use an analog meter that put's a load on the battery)

Does the DS work off the mains ??

What about the charger - are you using the same charger for both Phat's ?? - perhaps that is playing up

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/wZgjSNb-o4c?si=ajt4Lgq_LTYcXxs2 +1