Hardware Whats your internet speed?

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country

Which is weird, since I should be getting 8Mbs and my line is capable of 20Mbs (with FTTC coming in Q4 this year for up to 120Mbs reportedly).
Well, it's what I get for being with the cheapst ISP in the UK for so many years...

BTW, it's not difficult to find schools with 1GBs+ speeds in the UK. They use industrial pipelines that are typically capable of saturating the intranet hubs.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I get what I pay for. I should have 25 Mb/s Download, and around 10 Upload, This is the result:
2534607684.png

Attila13

Praise the Creep!
Trophies
Website
gamesystemrequirements.com
XP
Country
Romania
I wish Verizon FIOS weren't douchebags and actually install some fiber optic lines in my area; the only ISP that does is Comcast, but man is the 100 mbps line expensive.
Is it that expensive in the US? :unsure:
Here where I live I pay like 10 USD a month and I have decent speeds... :P

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it that expensive in the US? :unsure:
Here where I live I pay like 10 USD a month and I have decent speeds... :P

For Comcast's fibre optic, it's f***ing expensive, but some leeway is given to current customers if you get their three-in-one package (TV, phone, internet). They're the only provider in this area that provides 100 mbps connections. The ISP we have now sucks big time and has even worse customer/technical support than Comcast, and that's pretty damn pathetic. I'd kill to have my parent's connection; sure it's not 100 mbps, but rather 30 mbps and that's still heavenly compared to what I have. Stupid apartment complex-to-ISP contractual agreements. :angry:

Reactions: Attila13

Xenirina

Scener
Trophies
XP
Country
How I wish I had that connection.

So did I.

Loonylion said:
that would be a dedicated private fibre connection.

Loonylion said:
it would cost hundreds of thousands, maybe millions, to have one installed and tens of thousands a month. Not to mention thousands in equipment and someone to configure it.

Reactions: the_randomizer

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
2535255208.png
77688167.png

I don't mind paying $40 a month for good service like this. :3

My router is a WRT54GL v1.1 running DD-WRT standard-generic v24-SP2, overclocked from 200MHz (stock) to 240MHz (safe), and Wi-Fi boosted signal output from 71dB (stock) up to 100dB (safe). Broadcasting on Channel 8, since channels 1, 6, and 11 are saturated in my neighborhood.

I used this sweet little web app to show the channel saturation around me: http://tools.meraki.com/stumbler

RAM sinks were added to the 3 chips inside to help dissipate excess heat, and seem to be working flawlessly. I'll eventually replace this router with a WNDR4500 from Netgear, but for now I'm quite impressed with what I've managed to squeeze out of suck a cheap little $7 second-hand router from Goodwill. Any time I come across a GL or a GS, I buy them right away, flash them to DD-WRT, and usually give them to friends in need. I also keep one in my portable "PC Repair Toolkit" for connectivity troubleshooting on-site.

Additionally, if you have any questions about DD-WRT, Linksys (Cisco) routers, or router flashing, don't be afraid to ask. :)

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
WINNAR IS ME?

This is a GENUINE test i've done today because my internet connection is TOTALLY messed up. This was submitted to my ISP too so i repeat that this isn't a joke...

zUD8VXa.png

Beat that without being disconnected....took me AGES to even insert the image...:(

Reactions: porkiewpyne

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awful, absolutely awful. Only slightly better than xist's. I got an F- from speed test.net. At work we are on the same network, I got a straight F.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
that's paying for a 24mb connection which as you can see i don't even come close to getting, 150gb download for $100 a month don't you just love Australia? but hey least i get unlimited free usenet access :P
2639902816.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3