Gaming When will Mario Kart 8 be released, for 3ds?

Chris_Highwind

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
now that gateway has hacked the hell out of the 3DS, probably never.

Why should Gateway be a factor in whether Nintendo releases games for the 3DS or not? If Nintendo stopped supporting the 3DS because of Gateway, it would hurt those who actually buy their 3DS games, and give the company an even worse reputation than they have. There's all kinds of flashcarts for the Nintendo DS, but that didn't stop it from being financially successful and having games made for it.

nexuspunk

the mysterious one.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
now that gateway has hacked the hell out of the 3DS, probably never.

get out of this house, gateway has nothing to do with nintendo's decision to continue supporting the 3ds and releasing games for it. nintendo will never release another mario kart on the 3ds because of their stupid one game per console rule that is complete bullshit. they would be getting even more money for mario kart 8 if they had released it for both consoles which they wont do.

RyanWW

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It looks amazing on wii u. Mario Kart 8 makes mario kart 7 look like a 20 year old game.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think Nintendo might be expanding their "1 title per console" thing to more than just Mario Kart. For example, New Super Mario Bros. has had 1 entry on the DS, Wii, 3DS, and Wii U, and, I'm really hoping I'm wrong on this, but the 3D Land/World titles might be going down the same road too, though considering the 3DS and the Wii U are currently the latest in their respective lines, it might be too early to tell. Like I said though, I hope I'm wrong, as I've 100%-ed both 3D Land and NSMB2 and would like another Mario platformer on the 3DS, preferably a 3D Land 2 that incorporates what elements from 3D World it can on the 3DS.

The only evidence I have against this is SMGalaxy got two on the wii and so did Zelda... but thats about it.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I just hope the next DS system in the family makes more use of the gyros, I'd love to see a Pokemon Snap game, where you have to move in a 360 degree space to take pics of Pokemon.

Drink the Bleach

This New Member died on Sep 10, 2014
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Two Zeldas to a generation isn't anything new.

NES, N64, GC, GBA, GB, NDS, Wii, 3DS, and Wii U had/has two or more Zeldas with small exceptions.

SNES had one Zelda, GBA had 1 Zelda and 1 port, and Wii has only 1 and a tenth Zeldas, and port that only exists because Nintendo had an opportunity to adapt the same game into a transitional piece between two generations.

Given the time frame of console life, 3DS may get one more Zelda, remake or port, And Wii U's next Zelda is likely to be Wii U's last.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just hope the next DS system in the family makes more use of the gyros, I'd love to see a Pokemon Snap game, where you have to move in a 360 degree space to take pics of Pokemon.
I hope the exact opposite really. That would be fun for a few minutes and extremely annoying the rest of the game. Just look at Face Raiders.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
The only evidence I have against this is SMGalaxy got two on the wii and so did Zelda... but thats about it.

I luved the Mario Galaxy games could not get enough of them, No. 2 was even better with little yoshi making his appearance. I just hope now for god sake's they do the Galaxy way next and not the 3D Land/World way, cause 3D World that sucked and was so disappointing for me. I like to explore in Mario games not being restricted to a timer and a silly pole to slide down at the end!

Reactions: BortzANATOR

Drink the Bleach

This New Member died on Sep 10, 2014
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it actually did have 2 because of four swords which was packed in with the link to the past port
1.2 then. Four Swords was as much a game as Link's crossbow training. Its an hour experience at most assuming your partner is terrible at the 'game".

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If we're still talking about 3D Mario's per console, we've only ever had one console that had more than 1 3D Mario. That was the Galaxy 1/2, and only because the original game had so many leftovers.

So if the 'one game per console' rule truly does ever break, I'll be on my knees praying that the next 3D Mario, whatever it be or whatever console it is on, is not another linear title inspired by the NES era games. We've had two of those in a row and the horse died half way through the first one.

Anyway this thread has pretty much lost its purpose.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1