Hacking Discussion Which CFW is the Best?

The Best CFW is

• Atmosphère

Votes: 41 51.9%
  • SX OS

Votes: 25 31.6%
  • ReiNX

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Troll from the future!

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • My CFW is not on the list

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am neutral

Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
Hi!
Just initiating a discussion about what you believe/think is the Best CFW out there or in the future!
Please don't just say such or such. Give details/evidence/features that make it stand out.

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's possible SX OS won't ever support anything over 6.2.0.
upload_2019-3-9_17-43-20.png

Reactions: Lacius

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thought so as well.
But to some it's actually a different CFW that's why I included it.
The only people who consider it a CFW are misinformed people. And misinformation can grow into huge misunderstandings. Kosmos never has nor will ever be its own CFW. It has and will always remain a package. In fact, SciresM was upset in the beginning with such a package since people believed it was superior to Atmosphere.

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
The only people who consider it a CFW are misinformed people. And misinformation can grow into huge misunderstandings. Kosmos never has nor will ever be its own CFW. It has and will always remain a package. In fact, SciresM was upset in the beginning with such a package since people believed it was superior to Atmosphere.

Well noted

Edit: seems I can't take it out

Last edited by Zumoly,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well noted

Edit: seems I can't take it out
Report the first post to a mod and have them remove it for you.
You might want to remove the "my CFW isn't listed" with it, since that might cause some misunderstandings too in the absence of Kosmos. Perhaps change Atmosphere to something like Atmosphere and packages like Kosmos that include it.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Atmosphere and ReiNX are the best CFW if you are after them for free. ReiNX team are working on 7.0.1 and it will be out very soon. For now, atmosphere is available for 7.0.1. There are no best CFWs out there at all. Just matter of preference. No competitive. It would be silly. Both are the best if you want a free. Thats simple.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The only people who consider it a CFW are misinformed people.

None of the switch CFW is actually custom firmware, atmosphere just replaces a few modules at boot time and doesn't replace your original "firmware". It seems to be a nintendo scene thing to misuse the term CFW. It's kinda harsh to claim one group of people is misinformed when everyone is using it wrong anyway.

Last edited by smf,

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
None of the switch CFW is actually custom firmware, atmosphere just replaces a few modules at boot time and doesn't replace your original "firmware". It seems to be a nintendo scene thing to misuse the term CFW. It's kinda harsh to claim one group of people is misinformed when everyone is using it wrong anyway.
fwiw Atmosphere replaces like half of "firm"

DaBlackDeath

.::[ lone wolf ]::.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The poll should be multiple choice supported.
I have voted for SX OS but I would like also give my voice to Kosmos.
Unfortunately only SXOS has XCI Loading. That's why I use this.

Reactions: Ita54_2

Rikuddo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Atmosphere and ReiNX are the best CFW if you are after them for free. ReiNX team are working on 7.0.1 and it will be out very soon. For now, atmosphere is available for 7.0.1. There are no best CFWs out there at all. Just matter of preference. No competitive. It would be silly. Both are the best if you want a free. Thats simple.

I'm currently on ReinX but thinking about moving to Atmosphere. Are there any drawbacks for Atmosphere compared to ReinX?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3