Hacking Question Which is best to keep ? 3.0 or 2.3 ?

AnagraM

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi,
I've just bought a used Switch, to keep mine at version 3.0, but it turns out the one I bought is version 2.3.

Should I keep the version 3.0 to keep a door open for homebrew scene to come and update the 2.3 to keep playing and accessing eshop ?

BvanBart

Gaming addict #2 and some
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
For like the zilliont time. Keep 1 on 3.0 and update the other one so you can play the games.

But I really don't get the idea behind that. There is no way that you can copy save games etc... so what is the big win there?

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
I've just bought a used Switch, to keep mine at version 3.0, but it turns out the one I bought is version 2.3.

Should I keep the version 3.0 to keep a door open for homebrew scene to come and update the 2.3 to keep playing and accessing eshop ?
Lower is always better, I'd personally update the 3.0.0 Switch and leave the 2.3.0 one where it's at

Frysenberg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Lower is always better, I'd personally update the 3.0.0 Switch and leave the 2.3.0 one where it's at

Exactly this.

You can always update the 2.3.0 to 3.0.0 with Pokken at a later date, but you can't downgrade back to 2.3.0 if anything is found for that firmware.

Anyone who says otherwise doesn't know a thing about what they're talking about.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1