• Wii

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

suprneb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
actually there isnt really a contest between ps3 and wii or 360 and wii - the wii is TOTALLY different. you see more people with 360+wii or ps3+wii than 360+ps3 (since pretty much ANYONE can have fun while playing the wii)

so the question is really between the 360 and ps3 when youre trying to decide which one to buy, because eventually, we're all going to have a wii (imo, of course)

for games, i personally think the 360 is a better console for shooters (halo3, cod4, etc.) because of the controller design - the 360 controller design is just good - everything is aesthetically pleasing and has a really good feel to it, while the ps3 controller is smaller and not as good - it just feels a little bit out of place. but of course, if youre an rpg fan, the ps3 is probably for you - ratchet and clank future: tools of destruction, final fantasy xiii, and final fantasy versus xiii, etc.

for online multiplayer, i think theyre about even (correct me if im wrong) the 360 may have better support, but honestly, i think it depends on the game - and since you have to pay for xbl, youd expect it to be better - but i havent had any problems finding some good games for resistance: fall of man or warhawk

as for support, i would have to go with the 360 here because i havent called ps3 tech support yet, but i dont think it would be too much worse - i think support is only an issue because of problems with the 360 (red rings, xbl servers, etc.)

price - obviously, the 360 is the winner here, especially since you get the same quality results even though the ps3 boasts better hardware - then again, this may be due to the fact that game developers who have released games on both consoles have not been able to tap the full resources of the ps3 - aside from ratchet and clank, there are no stand-outs graphics-wise for the ps3, but upcoming final fantasy games might change that

for upcoming titles, the ps3 wins, hands down for several reasons
1. theres just a lot of hype for ps3 games even if they come out next next next next next year (exaggerations here, but you get the point i hope). like with final fantasy - people have been waiting for this game FOREVER, so the ps3 has better upcoming titles mainly because theyre announced earlier and there arent that many huge game announcements for the 360 (resistance 2, killzone 2, final fantasy, etc. vs too human...and....)
2. this year (2007) has been an epic breakthrough year for the 360 with awesome games and its hard to imagine what developers will be working on next (again, this is totally imo)

so once again, there isnt really a cut-out WINNER. it all depends on what you want and what youre looking for. both the 360 and the ps3 have different strong points.

as for the wii, its just total win. you cant go wrong with the wii no matter what type of gamer you are, because games like super mario galaxy are great for casual and hardcore games

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
price - obviously, the 360 is the winner here, especially since you get the same quality results even though the ps3 boasts better hardware - then again, this may be due to the fact that game developers who have released games on both consoles have not been able to tap the full resources of the ps3 - aside from ratchet and clank, there are no stand-outs graphics-wise for the ps3, but upcoming final fantasy games might change that.

I'll bet $50 you didn't play Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

Be Honest

Trulen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll insert a fanboyish "WII IZ BEST OF ALL."

Also I'll throw in a few fun facts.

The only non-nintendo console I've owned was a PS1.

Though I've played hours of PS2.

And I plan to buy a 40GB PS3. Mmmm~ I wonder if RadioShack is hiring~

suprneb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
price - obviously, the 360 is the winner here, especially since you get the same quality results even though the ps3 boasts better hardware - then again, this may be due to the fact that game developers who have released games on both consoles have not been able to tap the full resources of the ps3 - aside from ratchet and clank, there are no stand-outs graphics-wise for the ps3, but upcoming final fantasy games might change that.

I'll bet $50 you didn't play Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

Be Honest

oops - youre right, i havent, and i dont at all deny that its graphics are inferior to anything on the 360. what im trying to say is that few games are using the FULL potential of the ps3 - the only ones so far are ratchet and uncharted

Duke_Jay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Games - 360
Online multiplayer - 360
Support - 360
Price - 360
Upcoming titles - 360
That is all.

I have to disagree on some. Online Multiplayer, even though the Xbox Live Marketplace has more things, the actual online is laggy as fuck. While on PSN it's fine. The PSN is still a little slow on content, but How can we complain it's free. The Price, the Wii wins on that one. Cheapest current-gen console on the market with a decent line up of games. Upcoming titles I'd say the PS3 has this in the bag. MGS4, Killzone 2, Resistance 2, Uncharted 2, Motorstorm 2, All These sequels are supposed to be great, Can't Wait!
Oke it is obvious you are a sony fanboy, true Xbox live experienced some problems in the Holiday (I didnt have any problems myself) but how can you say Xbox live is laggy? It isnt laggy at all, if your Xbox live is lagging its is obvious it is because of a cheap internet connection. +Xbox 360 can be modded so 360 is win.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Games - 360
Online multiplayer - 360
Support - 360
Price - 360
Upcoming titles - 360
That is all.

I have to disagree on some. Online Multiplayer, even though the Xbox Live Marketplace has more things, the actual online is laggy as fuck. While on PSN it's fine. The PSN is still a little slow on content, but How can we complain it's free. The Price, the Wii wins on that one. Cheapest current-gen console on the market with a decent line up of games. Upcoming titles I'd say the PS3 has this in the bag. MGS4, Killzone 2, Resistance 2, Uncharted 2, Motorstorm 2, All These sequels are supposed to be great, Can't Wait!
Oke it is obvious you are a sony fanboy, true Xbox live experienced some problems in the Holiday (I didnt have any problems myself) but how can you say Xbox live is laggy? It isnt laggy at all, if your Xbox live is lagging its is obvious it is because of a cheap internet connection. +Xbox 360 can be modded so 360 is win.

While your obviously a Microsoft fanboy. Xbox Live is laggy when there is a game with as little as 8 players, PSN never lagged on me and I have a shitty 768k connection, while my friend with a 15mbps connection has a 360 his Online is always laggy. BTW if your too cheap to buy games, you don't deserve the console.

anime_junkie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Duke_Jay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Games - 360
Online multiplayer - 360
Support - 360
Price - 360
Upcoming titles - 360
That is all.

MGS4: Great series, probably gonna be a great game, to bad it isn't coming to the 360, but i think the PS3 owners deserve such a game.
Resistance 2: Sure is gonna be a solid shooter, but nothing special, and not a release dat anounced yet.
Motorstorm 2: Again, no release dat anounced yet.
Uncharted 2: I can't find any info on this game, so again no release date.
Killzone 2: The first Killzone wasn't very good, so i hope for the PS3 owners this one will become better, and this game is coming out in 2008.
So from the games you stated, only 2 are announced to be released in 2008, whilst the Xbox 360 has 3 very good games to be coming out in 2008:
Fable 2
Ninja Gaiden 2
Too Human

And i didnt include games that have no release date yet. (like GoW 2)

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Games - 360
Online multiplayer - 360
Support - 360
Price - 360
Upcoming titles - 360
That is all.

MGS4: Great series, probably gonna be a great game, to bad it isn't coming to the 360, but i think the PS3 owners deserve such a game.
Resistance 2: Sure is gonna be a solid shooter, but nothing special, and not a release dat anounced yet.
Killzone 2: The first Killzone wasn't very good, so i hope for the PS3 owners this one will become better, and this game is coming out in 2008.
So from the games you stated, only 2 are announced to be released in 2008, whilst the Xbox 360 has 3 very good games to be coming out in 2008:
Fable 2
Ninja Gaiden 2
Too Human

Imsoniac, the developers who made Resistance, said it's coming out this year so, yeah. Motorstorm, they also said it's this year. Killzone 2 looks amazing.

Duke_Jay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Games - 360
Online multiplayer - 360
Support - 360
Price - 360
Upcoming titles - 360
That is all.

Fable 2
Ninja Gaiden 2
Too Human

Imsoniac, the developers who made Resistance, said it's coming out this year so, yeah. Motorstorm, they also said it's this year. Killzone 2 looks amazing.
Oh my mistake then, I looked on Gamespot and Gamerankings and they said the release date had yet to be anounced.

chibibaka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Games - 360
Online multiplayer - 360
Support - 360
Price - 360
Upcoming titles - 360
That is all.

Fable 2
Ninja Gaiden 2
Too Human

Y'all forgot about LittleBigPlanet for the ps3 now. That game looks awsome, its comming out this year.

fischju

Rehabilitated Jaywalker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Not one of these threads again.....hmm....

If yours works, the 360 is the best. It has a massive number of GREAT games, which can't be said for either of the others. And it's all about the games.

1. The Orange Box
2. BioShock
3. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
4. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
5. Gears of War
6. Halo 3
7. Rock Band
8. Guitar Hero II
9. Mass Effect
10. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
11. Call of Duty 2
12. Virtua Fighter 5 Online
13. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
14. Forza Motorsport 2
15. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas
16. Project Gotham Racing 3
17. Burnout Revenge
18. Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved
19. Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords
20. The Elder Scrolls IV: Shivering Isles
21. Skate
22. Project Gotham Racing 4
23. Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock
24. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2
25. Dead or Alive 4
26. Bomberman Live
27. Fight Night Round 3
28. Dead Rising
29. NHL 08
30. Viva Pinata
31. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Double Agent
32. NBA 2K7
33. Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
34. NBA 2K8
35. F.E.A.R.
36. Crackdown
37. Need for Speed Most Wanted
38. DiRT
39. Pac-Man Championship Edition
40. Assassin's Creed
41. Madden NFL 08
42. Call of Duty 3
43. The Darkness

A lot of those are on the PS3, but a lot aren't.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil

If yours works, the 360 is the best. It has a massive number of GREAT games, which can't be said for either of the others. And it's all about the games.

1. The Orange Box
2. BioShock
5. Gears of War
6. Halo 3
7. Rock Band
8. Guitar Hero II
9. Mass Effect
11. Call of Duty 2Â
12. Virtua Fighter 5 OnlineÂ
13. Castlevania: Symphony of the NightÂ
14. Forza Motorsport 2Â
15. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six VegasÂ
16. Project Gotham Racing 3Â
17. Burnout RevengeÂ
18. Geometry Wars: Retro EvolvedÂ
19. Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the WarlordsÂ
20. The Elder Scrolls IV: Shivering IslesÂ
21. SkateÂ
22. Project Gotham Racing 4Â
25. Dead or Alive 4Â
26. Bomberman Live
27. Fight Night Round 3Â
28. Dead Rising
29. NHL 08Â
30. Viva PinataÂ
31. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Double AgentÂ
32. NBA 2K7
34. NBA 2K8
35. F.E.A.R.
36. Crackdown
38. DiRT
40. Assassin's Creed
41. Madden NFL 08
42. Call of Duty 3
43. The Darkness

And a lot of games are PS3 Exclusives so.. You can't just list 360 exclusives. It's being one-sided.

Duke_Jay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I own a PS3 and a Wii, and have played the Xbox.

I vote PS3

EDIT: How the hell can the Wii be coming first? The people who voted Wii obviously havent touched an Xbox360 or a PS3.
Because GBAtemp is mainly Nintendo.
wink.gif

fischju

Rehabilitated Jaywalker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

1. The Orange Box
2. BioShock
5. Gears of War
6. Halo 3
7. Rock Band
8. Guitar Hero II
9. Mass Effect
11. Call of Duty 2 
14. Forza Motorsport 2 
17. Burnout Revenge 
21. Skate 
25. Dead or Alive 4 
26. Bomberman Live
27. Fight Night Round 3 
28. Dead Rising
29. NHL 08 
30. Viva Pinata 
32. NBA 2K7
34. NBA 2K8
35. F.E.A.R.
36. Crackdown
38. DiRT
40. Assassin's Creed
41. Madden NFL 08
42. Call of Duty 3
43. The Darkness

And a lot of games are PS3 Exclusives so.. You can't just list 360 exclusives. It's being one-sided.

Maybe I should become a fanboy like you, then my arguments don't have to be fair.

And to be honest, it would be one sided even if I did post the best PS3 games.

fischju

Rehabilitated Jaywalker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

1. The Orange Box
2. BioShock
5. Gears of War
6. Halo 3
7. Rock Band
8. Guitar Hero II
9. Mass Effect
11. Call of Duty 2 
14. Forza Motorsport 2 
17. Burnout Revenge 
21. Skate 
25. Dead or Alive 4 
26. Bomberman Live
27. Fight Night Round 3 
28. Dead Rising
29. NHL 08 
30. Viva Pinata 
32. NBA 2K7
34. NBA 2K8
35. F.E.A.R.
36. Crackdown
38. DiRT
40. Assassin's Creed
41. Madden NFL 08
42. Call of Duty 3
43. The Darkness

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: YUH