Hacking Question Which one should I update?

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I know. This was asked here 100 times. But hey, I am going to ask again. So, I have 2 Switches. First is on 2.3.0 and second is on 3.0.0. And my question is. Which one should I update and play on and which one should I left outdated for HB? Thanks for any answers/opinions.

Reactions: RitchieRitchie

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know. This was asked here 100 times. But hey, I am going to ask again. So, I have 2 Switches. First is on 2.3.0 and second is on 3.0.0. And my question is. Which one should I update and play on and which one should I left outdated for HB? Thanks for any answers/opinions.
Update the 2.3.0 one to latest leave the other on 3.0.0

Reactions: 20degrees

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Update them both. Seriously, what's the point in this? You even made the thread knowing that you were duplicating other threads asking the same question. Are you really going to make your decision based on all the speculation from people who know nothing more than you do?

Let's face it, the only reason people make these threads is they hope someone from the actual hacking group will post and reveal their secrets. It's not gonna happen.

Reactions: DarkIrata

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Update them both. Seriously, what's the point in this? You even made the thread knowing that you were duplicating other threads asking the same question. Are you really going to make your decision based on all the speculation from people who know nothing more than you do?

Let's face it, the only reason people make these threads is they hope someone from the actual hacking group will post and reveal their secrets. It's not gonna happen.
Not helpful

D

Deleted-355425

I had a 3.0.0 and. 2.2.0 and I updated the 3.0.0 and bought a game with the 3.0.0 update on it incase I want to got 3.0.0 later. Best thing is to keep a console on the lowest firmware possible.

Reactions: Frysenberg

BvanBart

Gaming addict #2 and some
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Last edited by BvanBart,

digipimp75

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same boat here. Got a 2.1.0 and 2.3.0. Trying to decide which one to update, but from the sound of it, the majority of folks are saying to keep the lower fw and update the later one.

UPDATE: Just updated the one with the newest fw. Not gonna lie, I died a little inside :) But it's nice to actually be able to play new games and access the eshop.

Last edited by digipimp75,

Kohmei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are these their FW versions out of the box? It's contrary to popular opinion, but I would recommend keeping the newer system as your "backup". If it came on 3.0.0, just leave it there.

The reasoning is, the launch units had a lot of problems. The older the system is, the more likely you will have to send it in for repair. And if you have to send it in for repair, your FW is gone. So I would fully update the older system, such that even if you have to send it for a repair, you don't lose anything.

Kawaii

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I would suggest dont update both. Sell one at retail price, help a brother out to get fw <3.0. With that money buy a second hand switch bundle with games which will likely be less than retail price.

3 party will win instead of one =)
You, switch seller, switch buyer

Last edited by Kawaii,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, kirby krustday