Gaming Which pokemon games should i play first?

Wekker

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Also if you can use cheat, than use it to get 5 pokemon right at the start. The 6th = mew with all hm you need.
The best way is to rush through the game. Since silver i moved to the next game every time i beat the pokemon league
Some game has 7 hm's, so you should teach fly, surf and strength to you main 5 pokemons.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Skip it and play some of the pokemon clones on the GBA. Robopon, medabots, demi kids (do note the versions are quite different).

After that maybe go back and play one.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
black/white and black 2/white 2 share the same world, most cities and many characters/gym leaders, but the stories are different. 2 has more content, some extra places and such.

you can play both, really its not as bad as people say. though people have different opinions. play b/w and then another game or two before going to b/w2. playing them one after the other might get a bit too repetitive.

i remain at my opinion though, apart from retro feelings, playing anything before black and white just isnt really worth it. read the pokemon adventure manga for those earlier games instead, thats much more interesting and faster too.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
black/white and black 2/white 2 share the same world, most cities and many characters/gym leaders, but the stories are different. 2 has more content, some extra places and such.

you can play both, really its not as bad as people say. though people have different opinions. play b/w and then another game or two before going to b/w2. playing them one after the other might get a bit too repetitive.

i remain at my opinion though, apart from retro feelings, playing anything before black and white just isnt really worth it. read the pokemon adventure manga for those earlier games instead, thats much more interesting and faster too.

you forgot to mention B2\W2 follows the story, if you play Black\White and then you play the 2 it will complete the story, there is an option (using 2 ds) memory link, if you use that you will get some "extra" cutscenes about the past and about what happened to "you"

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
After playing a gen 5 game, it's hard to go back to old gen games,
they just feel too slow.
I recommend waiting for Omega Ruby or Alpha Saphire instead of playing Ruby, Saphire and Emerald.
I also recommend playing a main pokémon game of an older gen between playing Black/White to Black/White 2,
that way things are going to be less repetitive, maybe playing XY before B/W 2 and see if it's worth to you.

I'd go this way:
1) FireRed/LeafGreen
2) Platinum
3) Hertgold/Soulsilver
4) Black/White
5) XY
6) Black 2/ White 2
7) Omega Ruby/Alpha Saphire

RyanWW

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well first off, i bought Pokemon X and played it for an hour or so. I then downloaded and played Pearl (played 8 hours of it). I then got told Platinum was the same, but with more and better content. So i have went onto That and got 1+hours on it so far. I know the older ones do feel a bit slower, but since i haven't played them i don't mind playing them. Right now, i'm jus trying to remember how things work, and what TMs do, what all the potions do, what moves do, ect. So by the time i come to playing pokemon x/y and Pokémon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire, I'll probably enjoy it more as i will have remembered how to play pokemon games.​

I was going to go even further back, but my r4 only plays DS games, so i'd need to buy the card that plays the old GBA/Gameboy games. But $41 to be able to play GBA/Gameboy games seems ridiculous compared to $15 for playing DS games, which are better.

I was going to buy a Gateway 3DS card, but my system is up to date so i'm just going to have to buy all the 3ds games i want.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can emulate gameboy/gb colour games on your r4 very well, using lameboy. GBA emulation isn't so perfect tho.

Edit: I actually meant gameyob, not lameboy - both work tho.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Gameyob runs from your r4 as though it were a DS game, then it loads gameboy roms and pretends to be a gameboy. Search the forums for gameyob to find its own thread with instructions, and any other guides there might be.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BakerMan, Interesting trivia about dictionaries and Psi, I'm a direct descendant of the guy... +1