Hacking Hardware Which premade picofly to buy?

Dzoni

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I want to purchase a premade picofly since I heard it is better than hwfly core v6. Since making my own picofly is much harder to me I wanted to know if I should buy modchip that is availble on Instinct shop(one with red text) and has name picofly core on it or I should buy one that is available on blue hwfly store that sells hwfly v6 and called hwfly core rp2040. Which one of these two is most stable and are there any other recommendations for modchips

Dzoni

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Core chip is for V1/V2 motherboard, Lite for Switch Lite, and OLED chip is for OLED, as for Instinct NX V6 that is for OLED.
I understand that but should I buy hwfly rp2040 or picofly core that sells on other "official" store and looks almost same as hwfly rp2040

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand that but should I buy hwfly rp2040 or picofly core that sells on other "official" store and looks almost same as hwfly rp2040

Hwfly RP2040 are based off picofly they are the same on Aliexpress, just different way that they named it, the one on Aliexpress are all HWFlY RP2040. What switch you have?

Dzoni

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hwfly RP2040 are based off picofly they are the same on Aliexpress, just different way that they named it, the one on Aliexpress are all HWFlY RP2040. What switch you have?
I have v2 mariko one. So in the end it doesnt matter which one I buy since they are all based on hwfly rp2040? And are these hwfly rp2040 modchips reliable?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have v2 mariko one. So in the end it doesnt matter which one I buy since they are all based on hwfly rp2040?

You going to need a core chip, but you are better off with hwfly v4 or v5 chip you would need v5 if you got toshiba emmc, as RP2040 has nand corruption problem.

Dzoni

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
You going to need a core chip, but you are better off with hwfly v4 or v5 chip you would need v5 if you got toshiba emmc, as RP2040 has nand corruption problem.
Is it true that hwfly have issues sometimes so they need to be reset. And is v5 safest option since I dont kmow what emmc I have

hitman24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Where can we see the version of the emmcc. I need also to buy a picofly modchip by aliexpr but there are many choises there.

These are also the clone version right?

hitman24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I found this but i don`t know if it is good one.

Do you mean if i want to buy picofly no matter which version i buy for the picofly? v4/v5 ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231212_162334_AliExpress.jpg
    Screenshot_20231212_162334_AliExpress.jpg
    446.1 KB · Views: 28
  • Screenshot_20231212_162630_AliExpress.jpg
    Screenshot_20231212_162630_AliExpress.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 38

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found this but i don`t know if it is good one.

Do you mean if i want to buy picofly no matter which version i buy for the picofly? v4/v5 ?

Those are RP2040, depends on what model you got, if you got a v1/v2 unit you need a core chip, lite need lite chip and oled need oled chip.

hitman24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
On the website by Ali by this store, nothing to see about core but on the description it says NS model. Just that should be the core chip?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231212_192827_AliExpress.jpg
    Screenshot_20231212_192827_AliExpress.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 36

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
There is no "premade" Picofly. The one from the HWFly store is just an "Original" modchip that isn't a clone of SX Core.

hitman24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Okay, thanks than i order this version. So lets begin the magic with a good luck i hope with the soldering. :unsure::unsure:
Post automatically merged:

Another question i saw somewhere about a firmware of sort of this chipmods. What can i do about that? Will be that not ready to install?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, thanks than i order this version. So lets begin the magic with a good luck i hope with the soldering. :unsure::unsure:
Post automatically merged:

Another question i saw somewhere about a firmware of sort of this chipmods. What can i do about that? Will be that not ready to install?

No need to update the firmware on the chip if it work fine. If you can't solder hire someone to solder for you.

hitman24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thank you. Which guide/topic can i next better to follow to install the custom OS and have the ability to easly switch to the original OS?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and I used neither my phone or my pc today
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I was out for most of the afternoon
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and the morning cuz school
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Although tomorrow is Labor Day which means I won't go to class which means I'll sleep well.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    is labor day different in venezuela than in america, or did time skip that far?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall...