Hacking [Whiite Linux Installer] Is there a way to use it without usb keyboard

beanfarmer

Trophies
XP
Country
xdsl for the xbox didnt require a hdd it used an on screen virtual keyboard and the mouse pointer was controlled but the analog stick... so there are distros out there that can be used without a hardware keyboard.

peace out!

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I would think these days everyone has a usb keyboard. Hell you can get them at the dollar stores around here for 2-3 bucks. as for usb/ps2 convertors call acomputer shop the local one for me sells em for a buck fifty. All currency american.

Dr.Tenma

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
beanfarmer said:
xdsl for the xbox didnt require a hdd it used an on screen virtual keyboard and the mouse pointer was controlled but the analog stick... so there are distros out there that can be used without a hardware keyboard.

peace out!
Interesting...but it'll be compatible with Wii Hardware ?
Other question, i tried install linux with whiite installer without keyboard..But it tell me
" FS : Cannot open root device 'rvlsda2' or unknown-block(62.2)
Please append a corrent 'root=' boot option : here are the available partitions :
e00 124160 rvlsda(driver?)
3e00 120456 rvlsda2
Kernel panic - not syncing - VFS : unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(62.2)...
Rebooting in 180seconds"
I use a usb-stick with the three files in root, and sd card with the dol.
Any help please ?

kimikal27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
of course no one will help you
ppl told you that you CAN'T do it with no keyboard, but you wanna do it any way
so i do think that your by your own

good luck

Dr.Tenma

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I want just try to launch installation till it requires keyboard, then i leave it.But the problem isn't from keyboard...The whiite linux installer search a second partition, but dunno why.Need help.

fuuuuuu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There is a Wii Keyboard?
unsure.gif

Rudolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Dr.Tenma said:
I want just try to launch installation till it requires keyboard, then i leave it.But the problem isn't from keyboard...The whiite linux installer search a second partition, but dunno why.Need help.

Well, you need the kernel + distribution + config file for the installer to work.
You can't use the SD card for those, since it'll be formatted by the installer, so you'll need a USB stick / external HD with those files.

Does that solve your problem?

Dr.Tenma

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Rudolf said:
Dr.Tenma said:

Well, you need the kernel + distribution + config file for the installer to work.
You can't use the SD card for those, since it'll be formatted by the installer, so you'll need a USB stick / external HD with those files.

Does that solve your problem?
I know that i need those things, and i'm using usb stick aswell...This isn't the problem, read posts above.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I'm starting to sound like a Tck