Hardware White Spots on GBA SP screen

Sizednochi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So I've been hunting down GBA SP 101s and I've seen A LOT of these consoles with this peculiar problem:

gba-game-boy-advance-sp-brighter-ags-101-e-001-original-261101-MLB20285406885_042015-F.jpg

The corners are getting all white. Why does this happen? LCD issues? I've seen a number of them like this.

Mike001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Searched it up and it can be fixed by cleaning the screen the white spots are stuck pixels. It depends tho bk if it is there only when it is on then that means there is dust on the screen. If that happens when the console is off as well then it cant be fixed

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Searched it up and it can be fixed by cleaning the screen the white spots are stuck pixels. It depends tho bk if it is there only when it is on then that means there is dust on the screen. If that happens when the console is off as well then it cant be fixed
i don't think those are "stuck pixels", seems more like a backlight\frontlight issue

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
It doesn't look like any backlight bleeding I've ever seen, looks more like the backlight has physically burnt through the corners of the screen because it's so localized to the corners and I've never seen backlight bleeding actually make black pixels look white. That shouldn't even be possible :unsure:

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Well that's what I found online, so my bad.
stuck pixels usually get stuck in a color, and don't look like that..
while dead pixels don't turn on no matter what and there is nothing to repair them..

also, cameras are bad at capturing screens, it can make the problem look worse..
i have a similar issue this on my computer screen, there is a skinny area on bottom and top is slightly blueish because the light...

jkage

Trophies
XP
Country
Malta
Any luck with that screen? I got myself another SP last week and after turning it on this is exactly what I found (to a lesser degree). I took the LCD assembly apart today, separating all the filters and the backlight in the hope that it was a simple bleed issue but no dice, those pixels at the edge are always white/whitish even without the backlight. Its a shame really...

wprpalmeida

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
these could indeed be stuck pixels, but that's quite unlikely as all three colors would have to get stuck at the same time, and always near the edge of the screen. has anyone tried gently massaging (yes, that was not a typo) the troubled areas? That helped my laptop screen fix some of its stuck pixels

Boured

A Dusk Lycanroc who cares a lot about people.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've been hunting down GBA SP 101s and I've seen A LOT of these consoles with this peculiar problem:

View attachment 20806

The corners are getting all white. Why does this happen? LCD issues? I've seen a number of them like this.
Try using this Homebrew if you have a flashcart or anything that can load it. It will flash multiple colors rapidly which will pretty much force stuck pixels to work again. Though be careful since the rapid color changes can cause seizures. If it doesn't work then I don't know what to tell you as it could just be backlight bleeding or something.

http://pineight.com/gba/#stuck

Last edited by Boured,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...