Hacking Who hasn't yet installed arm9loaderhax? Why?

Why?

• Total voters

Domino101

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes they were and still are on there. Where else would they be released? Nintendo's not going to do a physical release of those old games...

Make sure the region is set to "off" in your CIAAngel settings. As the current filtering method of "ANY" doesn't technically mean "ALL".
when i download them through CiaAngel it doesnt load, just the 3ds screen and doesnt go from there

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
"fix" what, exactly? The exploit basically points the system's bootloader to the SD card. I still don't get what people's fixation with this "issue" is anyways, do they REALLY use a system without an SD card all that often? Are they afraid of the SD card failing? (If so, it's as simple as frequently backing up your SD card, the same way as you would with any other data, and if push REALLY comes to shove, you can simply use a new SD card and pop on the firmware files, and you're good to go) Also, I'd be more than curious how exactly you intend to install games should this ever be "fixed"? (Here's a hint, the system itself doesn't have enough room open to fit an average game without an SD card). As it stands, you're actually further up shit creek (pardon the language) if you're using a menuhax setup, because 1. You're already relying on an SD card for the system to boot into the environment you're using, and 2. This is a bit harder to recover from, should your SD card take a nosedive on you...

Edit: and to address the one and only reasonable concern, keep a backup of sysnand before you install a9lh on it, if you have any possible intent on selling the system off long term, this can be used to bring you back to a full on factory system.
Yes, daily. My system doesn't have an SD Card in right now, as I'm transferring files from my phone on it. And that can take hours depending on if I'm backing up or just transferring files. And guess what? My system is a brick during that time. Fix it. Simple concept.
...you do know the system functions perfectly fine without the SD Card, right...?

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, daily. My system doesn't have an SD Card in right now, as I'm transferring files from my phone on it. And that can take hours depending on if I'm backing up or just transferring files. And guess what? My system is a brick during that time. Fix it. Simple concept.
...you do know the system functions perfectly fine without the SD Card, right...?

I'm aware that a stock system CAN function without it, but it's all but useless as far as a hacked system is concerned anyways, because as I stated, no space to store games without the SD card. You CAN also pull the SD card from the system after booting it with a9lh, if you need to for some reason, it only relies on it at boot, whereas running the system off an emunand requires the sd card to sit in it the entire time (as it's reading/writing stuff pretty much continuously to run the OS)

Reactions: pbanj

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
I'm aware that a stock system CAN function without it, but it's all but useless as far as a hacked system is concerned anyways, because as I stated, no space to store games without the SD card. You CAN also pull the SD card from the system after booting it with a9lh, if you need to for some reason, it only relies on it at boot, whereas running the system off an emunand requires the sd card to sit in it the entire time (as it's reading/writing stuff pretty much continuously to run the OS)
He should also look into ftp or getting another sd card(they are cheap as shit now). I use ftp to transfer from my phone to 3ds all the time.

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
Oh I take it out for backups. But for adding games and other shit I use ftp. I have a grip case on it so its not just screws.
Personally I just use the transfer tool for Windows 8/10 for small stuff.
My phone's basically an actual brick right now as I can't do much other than turn it on, so it's just an SD Card reader. Btw, sorry for derailing the thread.

NoSmokingBandit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your console never auto-updates (even when an update is downloaded and ready to be installed), so it must have happened on steps 27-28 of part 3, especially this part:

Sorry to hear that it happened, though.
I think it happened when flashing the redNand to sysNand. I always kept the screen braightness cranked up on sys and down on red, with a post-it on my keyboard telling me which was which. I made it to:

Section IV - Copying RedNAND data to SysNAND
  1. Reboot, then open Decrypt9 from arm9loaderhax by holding Start on boot
  2. Go to "SysNAND Options"
  3. Go to "SysNAND Backup/Restore..."
  4. Select "NAND Restore (keep a9lh)"
  5. Confirm and restore from emuNAND_original.bin
After following that section (and i'm 100% sure I used the correct nand) I was unable to do anything except boot sysnand at 11.0.

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
I think it happened when flashing the redNand to sysNand. I always kept the screen braightness cranked up on sys and down on red, with a post-it on my keyboard telling me which was which. I made it to:

Section IV - Copying RedNAND data to SysNAND
  1. Reboot, then open Decrypt9 from arm9loaderhax by holding Start on boot
  2. Go to "SysNAND Options"
  3. Go to "SysNAND Backup/Restore..."
  4. Select "NAND Restore (keep a9lh)"
  5. Confirm and restore from emuNAND_original.bin
After following that section (and i'm 100% sure I used the correct nand) I was unable to do anything except boot sysnand at 11.0.
You probably forgot to select (keep a9lh), I suppose.

Reactions: Temptress Cerise

DaChosenOne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When I got ahold of another 3ds xl, the guy who sold it to me told me to hack it with arm9loader. So I followed the guide. Did it the first try, then I moved to my main N3dsxl and I did the same thing. Wasn't too hard just time consuming. Frankly this is the only CFW I know how to install

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
When I got ahold of another 3ds xl, the guy who sold it to me told me to hack it with arm9loader. So I followed the guide. Did it the first try, then I moved to my main N3dsxl and I did the same thing. Wasn't too hard just time consuming. Frankly this is the only CFW I know how to install
You didn't mention any CFW in your sentence so you can't say "it's the only CFW I know how to install" :P
But good guy the one who sold you the 3DS. Some sellers update the firmware before selling because they're dumb. Glad to see some people still have some brightness.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just recently installed A9LH myself but I'm glad I did namely because I was really tired of using a bootmanager, dealing with loops, less than a 100% bootrate (Menuhacks would fail 30% of the time) and the brick recovery JIC. I started on part 4 of the guide and TBH the hardest part was waiting for my emuNAND/NAND backups (25GB) other than that I had no problem whatsoever. Well, except the minor blackscreen on 2.1 with my N3DSXL (taking out the SD and reinserting it fixed that). After that everything was golden, so much so RIGHT after I did my N3DSXL I did my O3DS in like an hour. Both of them are working 100% with no apps/games/homebrews failing etc. I feel like the reason most people brick is a user error. I went from RXtools, to ReiNAND to AurieNAND (Old) to Luma 3DS and now on A9LH in less than 2 months and the biggest problem I ever had was getting the HBL to stop booting my CTRbootmanager........

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and you convince your owner to help you break out of the virtual world to real world
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Eyes - "yawn"
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    you bleack in to goverment computer systems to get cyborg schematics so you can get a robot body constructed
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    btw @BigOnYa the health bar doesnt decrease when i take damage (and yes i put the "at the beggining of the scene change value of greenflatbar: set to Protagonistcopmode.Health::Health())
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    i the protagonist
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    human, robot, cyborg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    human with cyborg enhancements
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or like terminatior
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    with living tissue
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty there is health behaviour you can add to your character, then to use a health bar is lil more complicated, google n watch a few tutorial video on it, be too hard to explain here.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, the character has the health behavior
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I know you have to create a health and health max variable. Then there is a calculation you use in code to subtract width size of the health bar. Google few vids.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, the "greenflatbar" is one of the preset health bars btw
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you can use any bar/sprite. It will just change the width. Ok good luck and have fun. I'm off to go shoot some pool at the bar. Talk to you later.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why does the health behavior exist if you can just use a variable?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and nope the number still doesnt change
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ok im gonna make my own asset
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm i think i fixed it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I fixed it
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    how are you\
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: