Who still does this AGS-001 front light mod on their GBC??

Nusdogg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who here still does the AGS-001 front light panel mod on their GBC????

This guy:

IMG_2685_zpspa3ibbhm.jpg

Clear GBC on left and Atomic Purple right. Just finished modding the AGS001 front lighting the clear GBC. I had the purple for awhile now. I personally still prefer this mod over the ebay front light with LOCA. Not as washed out.

Note: These lights were pulled off from broken GBA SP as parts.

Last edited by Nusdogg,

romanaOne

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You mean you are still using the original GBC screen with a backlight pulled from AGS-001?

Is it very hard to get the backlight out? Does it require a lot of GBC case modification?

How sustainable is this? Are broken AGS-001 GBA SPs still common in the wild? Is there any source of just the backlights?

I recently made a BennVenn GBC and it was quite a lot of work. (Newer revisions of the BennVenn cable are making this easier...) In the end, my screen just didn't look like a GBC anymore: games like Pokemon Red, Blue, Yellow have unpleasantly bright white backgrounds. It's also a helluva lot cheaper to add a frontlight to a GBC.

Nusdogg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You mean you are still using the original GBC screen with a backlight pulled from AGS-001?

Yes and no. This is a front light panel mod. You're getting this front light mod mixed with the backlight mod

Is it very hard to get the backlight out? Does it require a lot of GBC case modification?

It's a front light; hence, a light panel. No case modification ever. Measure the lighting panel to where you want to cut, so it'll drop right into the GBC screen case view window.

How sustainable is this? Are broken AGS-001 GBA SPs still common in the wild? Is there any source of just the backlights?

Yes, Ebay. Type in search "Broken GBA SP"

I recently made a BennVenn GBC and it was quite a lot of work. (Newer revisions of the BennVenn cable are making this easier...) In the end, my screen just didn't look like a GBC anymore: games like Pokemon Red, Blue, Yellow have unpleasantly bright white backgrounds. It's also a helluva lot cheaper to add a frontlight to a GBC.

Yes, this IS a front light mod, my friend. :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Another shot with stand

Attachments

• IMG_0406.JPG
    IMG_0406.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 282

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: Not having any animal protein will have that effect on ya