Question Who were the original creators and members of Gbatemp?

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I mean, this is for sure where I used to get my GBA ROMS from, I don't think you needed an account to download the ROMs but we are talking 13+ years ago and my memory is not that good. I probably made an account when the download center bit popped up but I've been lurking since the start.

It stopped having ROMS available in late 2002.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh the feels.
Is the IRC chat still up btw? I was living there back in the days.

Efnet split into #gbatemp and #gbatemp.net with the latter being more towards site style chat and !list being the order of the day for the former, though related discussions there too. Cheats also got their own channel and a few others, though they were more loose affiliates.
#gbatemp.net then left efnet some months later (years and years ago, several server switches even) onto a dedicated server (ability to save nicks, register things and more generally being viewed as useful) and exists to this day ( https://gbatemp.net/dynamic/gbatemp-net-irc-server.57/ ). Occasionally another fad protocol will pop up, siphon off a few regulars/members for a while and eventually get knocked down (right now it is the turn of Discord, which is looking increasingly wobbly for a lot of things) but IRC weathers it all, almost as though having open protocols, open clients and the ability to run your own servers is a good thing.

As far as efnet goes then something still exists there though is protected.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

DaRk_ViVi

Sending you back... to the future!
Trophies
Website
www.darkvivi.it
XP
Country
Italy
Efnet split into #gbatemp and #gbatemp.net with the latter being more towards site style chat and !list being the order of the day for the former, though related discussions there too. Cheats also got their own channel and a few others, though they were more loose affiliates.
#gbatemp.net then left efnet some months later (years and years ago, several server switches even) onto a dedicated server (ability to save nicks, register things and more generally being viewed as useful) and exists to this day ( https://gbatemp.net/dynamic/gbatemp-net-irc-server.57/ ). Occasionally another fad protocol will pop up, siphon off a few regulars/members for a while and eventually get knocked down (right now it is the turn of Discord, which is looking increasingly wobbly for a lot of things) but IRC weathers it all, almost as though having open protocols, open clients and the ability to run your own servers is a good thing.

As far as efnet goes then something still exists there though is protected.

Nice, thanks for the update!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    D @ diamondsofmayhem: G'night!