Gaming Why are you getting Pokemon Black/White?

Arithmatics

I'll be holding on to you. ;}
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
So I want to know.

Why you are getting either Pokemon Black, White or both.
Stupid noob questions aside like "Because I love Pokemon".

Is it because of the version exclusives?
Or maybe to try out the LiveCaster?

I for one bamboozled myself. Because I would get Pokemon White for Zekrom, but I'd Get Black for Black city.

darkreaperofdrea

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
because pokemon is one of those sagas i'll always like,and i have bought all the games from before (versions,no spinoffs) and i think this is worth it aside from the lack of imagination to make the new creatures

Arithmatics

I'll be holding on to you. ;}
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I think they ran outta caffeine. Or used save as instead of save when designing the original pokemon

CookiesMilk

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Mainly because I'm curious about the new features, dream world, the Black City. And, I liked Reshiram.
Since I mentioned Black City, you should know which version I'm getting already
smile.gif

boktor666

Gbatemp's official Solar Boy™ Is Back!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Because it's a game thats worth buying again. I found Diamond/Pear rather enjoyable, but it is rather pricy for the game it is. (Personal opinion, no flaming plz.) Pkmn Heartgold is Fun, so i have that one. Pokemon white/black is a game to get, because it's new, good story and the strong online features.

frogmyster3

Trophies
XP
Country
I always get one of the two versions - Blue, Silver, Ruby, FireRed, Pearl, SoulSilver - so it's inevitable that I was going to get at least one of these simply because I enjoy playing them.

This time around though I have played the Japanese version of White and I think that these two are the best games they've ever done. I can't read a word of Japanese and yet it somehow drew me in and allowed me to follow the story plus they've changed the Exp system. Can't wait to play them in English.

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
boktor666 said:
Because it's a game thats worth buying again. I found Diamond/Pear rather enjoyable, but it is rather pricy for the game it is. (Personal opinion, no flaming plz.) Pkmn Heartgold is Fun, so i have that one. Pokemon white/black is a game to get, because it's new, good story and the strong online features.
Good story, lol, here's a rundown of the Pokemon storyline: A trainer, destined to become the Pokemon master, starts venturing towards his destiny, meeting all kind of Pokemon, having to fight an organization of baddies who seem to want Pokemon for inhumane purposes. The trainer then strives to become the Pokemon master whilst battling the baddie organization and any random person on the street who has a Pokemon and his/her rival of course, whilst this is going on, the trainer has seperate tasks to fulfill like completing the Pokedex.

Anyway, I'm getting these games due to the fact, I find it a fun game to play, after all my Sapphire version had 264 hours! D/P/P had maybe 100 on one of them, soul silver, maybe only 100 also, didn't play much...other things to do then I lost interest, I would start again but with B/W coming around soon, there is no point.

Hatchetball

RepititionRedundancyRepitition
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Livecaster would be the only reason I'd buy Pokemon White/Black.
However, there's no point in buying a game you've already beat 5-6 times.
I won't be buying either, I will just continue to play the English patched Jap version, for free.
Think I'll do something more constructive with my money.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm getting Black because I found the Japanese version more interesting than Gen 4, and because Reshiram is stronger in stats (especially if you catch one in Modest nature).

And BTW, a lot of designs from Black/White were rejected/missing designs from Gen 1.

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
Because it has brand new Pokemon, so the online metagame will be screwed up. It gets REALLY BORING when almost everyone playing online use the same Pokemon with the same movesets, so the new Pokemon should make things interesting... I hope.

And also because I love Pokemon. :3

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Also, Gen 5 introduces the most Dragon-type Pokémon compared to other generations (and IIRC, it has the first pure-Dragon-type evolution family). This should make the game more interesting.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Kinda silly. But cool I guess. Its like painting your 2by4 wood studs in a wall, before covering...