Hacking Why do some plugins only work on N3DS's?

VzUh

you are now reading my custom title
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
That didn't help lol.
Did you uninstall the version you have now and install the one called "Mode 3." Mode 3 is the version that can survive the reboot process that happens when the old3DS enter High Memory Mode. This HMM is the reason why standard NTR doesn't work on the old3DS because it can't survive the reboot process as well the old3DS doesn't have resources to support standard NTR for HMM. Mode 3 uses less resources, but does have some limitations due to the lack of the resources available to the system when in HMM, this is mentioned in the wiki
https://github.com/44670/BootNTR/wiki/Extended-memory-games-on-O3DS

mmerc10

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you uninstall the version you have now and install the one called "Mode 3." Mode 3 is the version that can survive the reboot process that happens when the old3DS enter High Memory Mode. This HMM is the reason why standard NTR doesn't work on the old3DS because it can't survive the reboot process as well the old3DS doesn't have resources to support standard NTR for HMM. Mode 3 uses less resources, but does have some limitations due to the lack of the resources available to the system when in HMM, this is mentioned in the wiki
https://github.com/44670/BootNTR/wiki/Extended-memory-games-on-O3DS
Yes, I did install the Mode 3 version, but I didn't replace the original version. And it seems It can't survive the reboot process when it goes to HMM. Probably a problem on my side though.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yes, I did install the Mode 3 version, but I didn't replace the original version. And it seems It can't survive the reboot process when it goes to HMM. Probably a problem on my side though.
Uninstall your current version of BootNTR and just use Boot 3, that should fix your issue.

VzUh

you are now reading my custom title
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Uninstall your current version of BootNTR and just use Boot 3, that should fix your issue.
iirc ntr cfw mode3 was only compatible with the mode3 titles. And if that weren't the case, what's the reason for having a mode3 and a no-mode3 NTR launchers?
(probably I recall incorrectly, so much time without using NTR on a o3ds)

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
iirc ntr cfw mode3 was only compatible with the mode3 titles. And if that weren't the case, what's the reason for having a mode3 and a no-mode3 NTR launchers?
(probably I recall incorrectly, so much time without using NTR on a o3ds)
I was actually just looking into this because I don't know that much about boot 3 (since I have a New3DS and I don't have reason for NTR on my old3DS.) So I was looking into this and found SuMoCheatMenu just requires boot 3 to be installed to work on an old3DS. So I wasn't sure about the others and couldn't find a solid answer.
Sucks to be me. That didn't work.
ultraSuMoFramework might not work with Boot 3, it most likely takes up too many resources. You may need to use the Luma plugin method
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release...in-for-ultra-sumo.489098/page-35#post-7750479
The old3DS has extremely limited resources and the Luma3DS uses far less resources than even Boot 3.

mmerc10

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was actually just looking into this because I don't know that much about boot 3 (since I have a New3DS and I don't have reason for NTR on my old3DS.) So I was looking into this and found SuMoCheatMenu just requires boot 3 to be installed to work on an old3DS. So I wasn't sure about the others and couldn't find a solid answer.

ultraSuMoFramework might not work with Boot 3, it most likely takes up too many resources. You may need to use the Luma plugin method
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release...in-for-ultra-sumo.489098/page-35#post-7750479
The old3DS has extremely limited resources and the Luma3DS uses far less resources than even Boot 3.
Already Tried that, and it simply won't even try to work. It also disabled NTR, so I had to paste my original boot.firm to get that back.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Already Tried that, and it simply won't even try to work. It also disabled NTR, so I had to paste my original boot.firm to get that back.
I am not sure why the Luma3DS version didn't work for you. Considering I can't find Boot 3 mentioned in the thread, I am going to assume that ultraSuMoFramework simply didn't work with boot 3.
This might just be a case where the old3DS's limitations are the issue or you may have accidentally missed a step somewhere.

mmerc10

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not sure why the Luma3DS version didn't work for you. Considering I can't find Boot 3 mentioned in the thread, I am going to assume that ultraSuMoFramework simply didn't work with boot 3.
This might just be a case where the old3DS's limitations are the issue or you may have accidentally missed a step somewhere.
It's probably the limitations of the O3DS I have. Sure, It's an XL, but that makes almost no difference.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3