Gaming Why is retroarch running so slow on my pc

NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I'm just wishing to have all of my old games in an all in one emulator like retroarch but with no luck so far.
I've downloaded the latest 1.9.0 version of retroarch (both the nightly and the stable build) but everything from the menu navigation to running and playing games etc
By the way I've noticed something odd about the PC version of retroarch that unlike the switch which scrolls through the menus butter smooth the PC version seems to be capped at 30FPS.
I know it seems an error on my part.
Sure the menu scrolling issue doesn't bother me as much but the games running at like 10~ FPS is the main issue here. And like they're nes games they're supposed to run at maximum fps.

Tried several video driver settings and options + bilinear filtering set to off but still at no avail the problem persists.

Please @DinohScene or anyone else can you help me get retroarch up and running the way it should.
I want to play my old NES games.

My laptop has an i7 6700HQ coupled with a gtx 1060 3gb 16 GB of ram and a 1tb hard drive.
It's one of those Asus rog latops from circa 2016-2017
thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, I haven't turn on my OG Xbox one in ages, just did now and ofcourse, 32GB update required, gonna take forever.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Edit: nevermind, I forgot I up-ed my internet speed, only 30 min remaining.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Will a mobo with a M2ssd slot work without a M2ssd installed, using a sata ssd temporary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    As long as sata just point bios to boot to it as main drive
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Is that a compilation of you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    M.2 is more of a luxury you can still boot from Ide if you really wanted to
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean as long as the motherboard still has sata ports unless you're still in celeron days
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    wut
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh it has Sata 3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It should still have a Bootable option in bios select drive
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    whats sata?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How you were born
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sata is the type of interface/cable connection of hard drives/disc drives for Pc.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't tell them about old bank drives may explode
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mini pcs in the 70's
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    128kbs of storage
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do I connect this to my emachine
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The Tattooist of Auschwitz is pretty good so far