Hacking Question why is sleep working on cfw without burned fuses?

GothicIII

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello,

I got all my questions covered except one:

If warmboot is checking the fuse count when waking the console up why it does not panick?

Does it only check for <= fuse count so it panicks only when the console is downgraded? (means it has too many fuses burned)

Is this not a huge flaw?

Can't find an answer for this.

Greetings

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I got all my questions covered except one:

If warmboot is checking the fuse count when waking the console up why it does not panick?

Does it only check for <= fuse count so it panicks only when the console is downgraded? (means it has too many fuses burned)

Is this not a huge flaw?

Can't find an answer for this.

Greetings
Good question.

Best guess...

If true amount of burnt fuses is higher than it should be, then THIS takes priority over libsys_lp0.bso
If its lower, libsys_lp0.bso takes priority over the fuses.

Just an opinion. I`m, not an expert. And I`m probably talking out of my arse.

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
technically, a fuse check should only cause a kernel panic if more fuses than expected are burned.

If less are burned than expected, the logical thing to do would be to burn them to match your expected count.
So the question should not be "why is the kernel not panicking" but "why isn't the system burning its fuses".

Reactions: GothicIII

BionicGecko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
technically, a fuse check should only cause a kernel panic if more fuses than expected are burned.

If less are burned than expected, the logical thing to do would be to burn them to match your expected count.
So the question should not be "why is the kernel not panicking" but "why isn't the system burning its fuses".

My theory about this, from a different thread:

Well it is possible that burning fuses is something that can only be done at boot time by the bootloader. When installing a system update, the fuse is actually burned only when the system restarts. So I would think that it's possible the system has no way to burn a fuse when it wakes up from sleep mode.

Reactions: GothicIII

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.nickalive.net/2024/05/peter-bennett-long-time-art-director-on.html?m=1 sad