Gaming Why is the Nintendo Eshop so bad?

City

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Have you ever found a game you could like by simply browsing the games? It’s a nightmare! It’s full of crap and there’s nothing about the game except a brief introduction and sometimes a trailer that doesn’t have a gameplay most of the time.

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
when you go to yr local game shops do you see anything extra no because its a shop lol everyone has a phone and some kind of pc so stop exaggerating and do a search as im sure you got loads of time at mo

Reactions: Retal and Ace090

HitBattousai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On the positive side, I'd say Nintendo has done a good job of consistently putting out good sales deals on the eShop. However, I do think the interface needs work in general and it is flooded with games to the point that it is annoying to navigate now.

Ewpb

Trophies
XP
Country
It's fine, Nintendo can't hold your hand all the time.

Find a reputable gaming publication, read about the games then search for them. It's isn't hard.

Reactions: MUDD_BR

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Game reviews are you main guide in this generation of gaming. But yeah Eshop/Nintendo Service is bad for other reasons

anhminh

Pirate since 2010
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I mean I can always burst out my phone and search on Google if I really interested about it. Also I rarely buying game on random without any recommendation from anyone either so...

TouToTheHouYo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What gets me is how much better designed the "pirate" shop is:

• It boots up quick.
  • Is easy to navigate (though it really needs a search function).
  • Offers the same descriptions and screenshot as the official eShop.
  • Lets you see the exact size of each component you're downloading (game, update, DLC).
  • Queue up multiple successive downloads.
  • Easily split them between system memory and SD card.
  • Has a host of custom themes and music, defaulting to the ever iconic Wii Shop tune.
  • And on top of all that it downloads faster by not only better utilizing the Switch's wireless capabilities but also compressing game data server-side so you're ultimately downloading less data overall at a faster rate.
I get twice the download speeds on the pirate shop versus the eShop. It's nuts. Plus a variety of other mostly superfluous homebrew features. If it weren't for the constant tug-of-war between Balwar and the Atmosphere devs it'd be damn near perfect. Why Nintendo can't shape up their eShop similarly (sans the free software obviously) is beyond me.

pottsie283

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's bad because when it comes to online anything Nintendo will screw it up. Nintendo doesn't know online.
This has been a consistent problem since the Wii imo, yes you could get online for free but that was it, achievements didn't exist and even with a paid membership like now, the free content they offer is god awful.
the switch is the new wii for shovelware
Quality control has been non-existant, even on the Wii U. Only games I get are the ones that most people play or is on a popular game list, otherwise I don't bother looking through the eShop.

Kadji

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
But then you are missing many
This has been a consistent problem since the Wii imo, yes you could get online for free but that was it, achievements didn't exist and even with a paid membership like now, the free content they offer is god awful.

Quality control has been non-existant, even on the Wii U. Only games I get are the ones that most people play or is on a popular game list, otherwise I don't bother looking through the eShop.

"Trash Games" can be fun though - I give many games a chance when they have at least some quality put into them, especially when they are on Sale for like 1€.
Also, you can some hidden gems. Take Astro Bears for example, I bought it for a buck and it's still fun to play with 4 people and some alcohol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gay history is serious