Gaming why would any one here care about the 10 free nes games

johnboyjr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why not just use nesds? Nintendo has not said if the nes games are going to be in 3d or not. they did say the games would be updated latter so maybe they will be in 2d 1st then 3d latter

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
johnboyjr said:
why not just use nesds? Nintendo has not said if the nes games are going to be in 3d or not. they did say the games would be updated latter so maybe they will be in 2d 1st then 3d latter
Well, maybe because they don't want to pirate if they're getting it for free?

And not everyone here is a pirate in the first place.

pkl2007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
some of us want to start fresh and buy games and not pirate games. Also we won't have a guilty conscience.

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would you care if anyone here cares?

I have a million devices I could play these games on, but it would be nice to have them directly on my 3DS. Both my flashcarts won't work on the 3DS, but they work just fine on my DSLite, so I would just play them on that. Also consider they're free, so it doesn't really matter either way. I won't say I'm excited, but it's nice to get something for free (legitimately).

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The updated versions will include multiplayer support -- aka Nintendo is finally providing a little more than just straight emulation.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
pkl2007 said:
some of us want to start fresh and buy games and not pirate games. Also we won't have a guilty conscience.
What he said. Honestly not everyone here are just here for piracy.

joshstyle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stop bitching about it already if you want to pirate them by all means go ahead AT LEAST nintendo gave us something,they could just reduce the 3ds price and do nothing for us but they didn't

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
johnboyjr said:
First, nesDS has to cut out 28 horizontal lines to get from 220 (nes native resolution) lines to 192 (ds resolution), plus the 3DS adds blur filter ugliness to flashcart emulation. Retail emulation tend to be more stable than flashcart emulation as well.

Second, adding 3D to nes games isn't going to happen with VC releases, it takes significantly extra development costs to add in. So that won't be in the benefit column of the VC nes games.

Fedex14

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
lilsypha said:
The updated versions will include multiplayer support -- aka Nintendo is finally providing a little more than just straight emulation.

is this confirmed or are you speculating?

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
VentusVanitas said:
It's confirmed AFAIK but they might've said "may be added". Anyway, some Nintendo dude mentioned it.

Oh boy, some Nintendo dude. If these games are essentially just running on an emulator, I don't foresee there being multiplayer. Hell, on computers when you play the likes of GBA games over the internet with other people, it is kinda laggy and not good.

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

lithium210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe hackers want the free games so they'll understand how they run on the 3ds and hack it to death and load more nes titles from SD without a modchip or emu!!!
ohmy.gif
ha, jk!!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: don't mind me, just liking all of SDIO's posts, they deserve it for...