Homebrew Wifi cant be disabled.

KoopaMaster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have a bad bug with my Hiya Cfw and twilight menu ++ Dsi : the wifi is disabled ( in the system settings ) ( and the wifi led isn't used for compatibility ) , but the LED is on :( and wifi works ... (It sucks my battery )
Any help ?

maczilla

Trophies
XP
Country
Bermuda
bump on this, is there anyway to disble wifi? tried in unlaunch but when twilight loads up, wifi still enabled.

edo9300

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
bump on this, is there anyway to disble wifi? tried in unlaunch but when twilight loads up, wifi still enabled.
You have to launch the system settings from twilight or hiya and change the setting from there, also if you get the "an error has occurred" message you'll have to remove the read only attribute from the shared1 folder and the files in iti n your sdcard

Saab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Read this: ---link removed---

I have followed the suggestions on this thread and the one linked to above:
  • turning off read-only in the shared1 folder and its files;
  • disabling wifi in the settings launched from both Twilight and Hiya;
...and I receive no errors, but nothing keeps the wifi off. As soon as the DS relaunches (immediately after saving the settings), the wifi is back on. The specific problem I'm experiencing is that the DS-to-DS wifi is on and has been verified through both Pictochat and Mario Kart (I have confirmed that my internet is not on as the MAC address is not being picked up by my router).

When I navigate back to the menu settings after disabling the wifi and restarting the system, the indicator light is on even though the wifi option is set to 'disabled'. I then have to turn wifi on and then off again to have the indicator turn off. Despite this, I still am able to detect my other DS.

Is there a way to turn wifi off, like in the regular DS functionality?

I'm running a DSi (1.4.5U) with Memory Pit + Unlaunch 1.9 + HiyaCFW + TWiLight ++ Menu incl. GBARunner.

@Robz8 or any of the crew, thanks in advance!

maczilla

Trophies
XP
Country
Bermuda
the thing that fixed this problem with dsi xl for me was to make sure I was launching into Hiya.dsi from unlaunch instead of twillight, no more wifi problems.

Last edited by maczilla,

SUPPLII

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Made the mistake of hitting ds download play from the quick menu, now my wifi is also stuck on, tried all the above no success. Hope someone finds a fix!

Reactions: KoopaMaster

sicodixneuf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Ok so i had this same problem and looking around this was always the first post that came up, so here is how i fixed it hoping that it cand help if somebody else is having the same problem:

simply open the sd card from where you launch TWLM and navigate to sd:\_nds\TWiLightMenu
in that folder look for settings.ini and open it with a text editor
there should be an option that says WIFI_LED = 0 (or 1 depending on your twilight menu configurations)
simply erase the _LED part so that it says WIFI = 0
ans save it, done, that's all!!

that was what finally let me disable the conection so, hope it can help someone

Reactions: KoopaMaster

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, FarCry 5 is an awesome game with multiple endings!