Hacking WIFI not working with Switch ArchLinux?

Knucklesfan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sup guys. So, I recently grabbed the latest and greatest shofel2, and booted up linux (as one does) following this tutorial (https://gbatemp.net/threads/quick-tuto-how-to-boot-linux-on-your-switch.501918/) and I successfully booted linux. However, one issue. I can't quite figure out how to get internet working. I set my config up and try rebooting, but none of the above worked. Is there any way to get linux working? Thanks in advance.

Reactions: VlinkZ

VlinkZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the same problem
Are any of you getting a Bluetooth permission error on boot? (I have a hunch that all the permissions of the rootfs got somehow screwed up when I extract them to my SD card)

Knucklesfan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the same problem
Are any of you getting a Bluetooth permission error on boot? (I have a hunch that all the permissions of the rootfs got somehow screwed up when I extract them to my SD card)
Nope. Bluetooth works fine.

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
start linux, reboot linux (starts the wifi adapter, likely a bit or pin isnt set right yet), open network connections (desktop has a shortcut if using cookie cutter arch distro), delete the one they tell you to modify, add your own with the + button. thats what i did, used the onscreen keyboard. touch is sensitive, be careful of duplicate keystroke.

Added Note: Some drop-down menu's do not let you drag the mouse down to select or let go of touch to select. Click the these drop downs and let them close, then use the up/down arrows in the onscreen keyboard.

After that I decided to use ssh though since i dont want to solder anything else in it or buy some things.

Last edited by EclipseSin,

VlinkZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope. Bluetooth works fine.
I found this post, didn't work for me, but you might want to check...
That was user fault when manually build the kernel. When you download the brcm...-pcie.txt from the direct link i.e. from the OP, it downloads the txt file BUT the content, on my case, is base64 encoded. So that was why my wifi wasnt working.

I would suggest you go check that file on your build machine /lib/firmware/brcm and make sure its clear text before attempt building the kernel.

Knucklesfan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
start linux, reboot linux (starts the wifi adapter, likely a bit or pin isnt set right yet), open network connections (desktop has a shortcut if using cookie cutter arch distro), delete the one they tell you to modify, add your own with the + button. thats what i did, used the onscreen keyboard. touch is sensitive, be careful of duplicate keystroke.

Added Note: Some drop-down menu's do not let you drag the mouse down to select or let go of touch to select. Click the these drop downs and let them close, then use the up/down arrows in the onscreen keyboard.

After that I decided to use ssh though since i dont want to solder anything else in it or buy some things.
I tried all that, and it didn't work. Still getting the good ol' dino on chromium.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

when you say reboot, do you mean by using reboot and re running the exploit on the host pc?

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I tried all that, and it didn't work. Still getting the good ol' dino on chromium.
When you reboot linux, watch the kernel log and see if you can see brcm. it should be close to the end of it's onscreen log before switch over to lxde.

If it is there, you might have to try manually starting the driver using modprobe. I'm not sure which it is using though. brcmsmac, b43, bcma (comma separated) are ones i can think of. I dont have the stuff to boot linux up right now to check everything unfortunately.

This shouldn't be required though, I think it is built into the kernel. Did you compile the kernel yourself? Try using this repository if you aren't already for starting the exploit and running linux. Everything was prepared.

And just to be clear, rebooting means hitting reboot in the power menu or using reboot in the console. Shutdown and reboot does not work. Power must remain on. Not being condescending, just being clear.

https://github.com/SoulCipher/shofel2_linux

Last edited by EclipseSin,

Knucklesfan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you reboot linux, watch the kernel log and see if you can see brcm. it should be close to the end of it's onscreen log before switch over to lxde.

If it is there, you might have to try manually starting the driver using modprobe. I'm not sure which it is using though. brcmsmac, b43, bcma (comma separated) are ones i can think of. I dont have the stuff to boot linux up right now to check everything unfortunately.

This shouldn't be required though, I think it is built into the kernel. Did you compile the kernel yourself? Try using this repository if you aren't already for starting the exploit and running linux. Everything was prepared.

And just to be clear, rebooting means hitting reboot in the power menu or using reboot in the console. Shutdown and reboot does not work. Power must remain on. Not being condescending, just being clear.

https://github.com/SoulCipher/shofel2_linux
I self built it, but i can try that too. Maybe i screwed up somewhere. I remember having to restart a ton of times because i kept forgetting dependancies, but miraculously, i got it to boot somehow lol.

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I self built it, but i can try that too. Maybe i screwed up somewhere. I remember having to restart a ton of times because i kept forgetting dependancies, but miraculously, i got it to boot somehow lol.
Yea, I'd try. After I set all my dependencies up and compiled I had been getting sanity_check errors (my fault im sure) although everything compiled fine from clean clones. Didn't get them using that stuff there. Just boots.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I had a brown ops log in the shitter