Wii #0128 - Metal Slug Anthology (Europe)

Dirtie

:'D
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Yes!

Can someone please tell me if this has hit flash on ALL bosses?

It was taken out from the US version apart from just one or two bosses I hear, so I'm very interested to know
tongue.gif

Dirtie

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
If you've ever played the arcade versions, bosses and stuff that takes more than one hit to kill will flash when you shoot it. If you're shooting rapidly it flashes like a strobe, and we all know strobes aren't too good for people with epilepsy. Nintendo ordered the developers to remove/minimize it so it would comply with their health/safety regulations. The sad thing is that it's all there for the PSP and PS2 versions, but not for the Wii version (US at least). There's been a bit of an outcry over this (and a lack of classic controller support in the US version), so I was hoping that they may have put it back in (at least to some extent, or maybe have a switch) for the PAL regions.

D

Deleted User

If I may, I'd like to add that the flashing only occurred when hitting the weak spots of most bosses. So it acted also as an helper for newbies.

moshii

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You can actually turn flashing/blood on and off via dip switches on a real neogeo arcade motherboard.. well if you don't have the silly American bios. Fortunately my MVS is Asian, bouncy bouncy!
laugh.gif

Anyhoo, I think the version of this on the PSP is actually just an emulator except for Metal Slug six which is an Atomiswave game (Read; Dreamcast) and I don't think you'd get that running at a decent speed on the PSP. The wii version is possibly the same, it's a ton easier to get someone to license their neogeo emu to you than it is to rewrite thousands of lines of m68k and z80 assembly. Maybe some action replay style device will come along that allow you to fiddle with the dip settings and turn the flash/blood back on.

Dirtie

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
QUOTE([Truth) said:
,Mar 27 2007, 03:48 AM]correct Release Name = Metal_Slug_Anthology_PAL_Wii-WiiERD

Fixed. Shaun had it there, just put it in the wrong field
wink.gif

You can actually turn flashing/blood on and off via dip switches on a real neogeo arcade motherboard.. well if you don't have the silly American bios. Fortunately my MVS is Asian, bouncy bouncy!Â
laugh.gif
Are you sure? I've never seen an option for hit flash in MAME (unless it's called something different), it's just on by default, I tried looking with the Asian BIOS as well. I am well aware you can turn on blood however (you can do this in Anthology as well I hear).
(btw, what is the "bouncy bouncy" a reference to
tongue.gif
?)

Edit: nm, I know what you were referring to now
happy.gif

moloko23

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Swaziland
YES! A PAL release! Can't wait to get my hands on this! I hope I can turn on blood at least, since without blood, this game just isn't the same...

modshroom128

Trophies
Website
modshroom128.imgur.com
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE([Truth) said:
,Mar 27 2007, 03:48 AM]correct Release Name = Metal_Slug_Anthology_PAL_Wii-WiiERD

Fixed. Shaun had it there, just put it in the wrong field
wink.gif

You can actually turn flashing/blood on and off via dip switches on a real neogeo arcade motherboard.. well if you don't have the silly American bios. Fortunately my MVS is Asian, bouncy bouncy! 
laugh.gif
Are you sure? I've never seen an option for hit flash in MAME (unless it's called something different), it's just on by default, I tried looking with the Asian BIOS as well. I am well aware you can turn on blood however (you can do this in Anthology as well I hear).
(btw, what is the "bouncy bouncy" a reference to
tongue.gif
?)

Edit: nm, I know what you were referring to now
happy.gif
hmmm, my anthology has blood turned on... how would i turn it off?

(not that i want too
evil.gif
)

Dirtie

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Noones going far for anything - I was talking about the hit-flash, not the blood.

The option for blood is right there from what I hear, so it's a non-issue.

...And Metal Slug isn't retarded
sleep.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noones going far for anything - I was talking about the hit-flash, not the blood.

The option for blood is right there from what I hear, so it's a non-issue.

...And Metal Slug isn't retarded
sleep.gif
No hit flash
frown.gif

These are the console ports of the game not the actual arcade versions which is very very silly. The different control methods are all a bit crap too, prefer jut to use the standard controls. The extras aren't too hot either, but still the games are great for those who love a nice challenging platform shooter. I'm guessing SNK will issue the arcade versions when the Neo Geo channel comes out later in the year.

Love Metal Slug games but 1st and 2nd Mission games that came out on NG Pocket absolutely beats them into the ground, would be awesome if there was a 3rd Mission but doubt it would happen. If anyone has never played them, they're much more deep and less linear, kinda like Castlevania Symphony/Portrait games are to the original NES Castlevania games. Perhaps a DS Metal Slug Pocket Collection could come out with the 2 mission and the "meh" mobile and GBA games.

[Truth]

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Which games does this collection have on it ?
- Metal Slug
- Metal Slug 2
- Metal Slug X
- Metal Slug 3
- Metal Slug 4
- Metal Slug 5
- Metal Slug 6
- Unlockable items
- Exclusive bonus games (what´s that?)
- Bonus Galleries containing classic poster and character art as well as other Metal Slug goodies

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I played this on the PSP. Only thing I can say is that I died.... a LOT in this game and the credits just got eaten up because I mistimed a jump or accidently jumped into the a bullet fired by someone I shot.

[Truth]

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I played this on the PSP. Only thing I can say is that I died.... a LOT in this game and the credits just got eaten up because I mistimed a jump or accidently jumped into the a bullet fired by someone I shot.
yeah this game is f*ckin' difficult in the later levels.
i played through metal slug 1 to 5 on the xbox with a neogeo emulator, but it was much more easy, because i only had to press the back button to insert a coin.
rofl2.gif

moloko23

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Swaziland
QUOTE([Truth) said:
,Mar 27 2007, 10:20 AM]yeah this game is f*ckin' difficult in the later levels.
i played through metal slug 1 to 5 on the xbox with a neogeo emulator, but it was much more easy, because i only had to press the back button to insert a coin.Â
rofl2.gif

Ya it would be cool if the Wii release was the arcade version where you could just insert "coins"...

Edit: Oh you can in FREE PLAY mode
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Psis pharmaceuticals could make John Goodman loose weight +2