GilBoy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.anidragon.net
XP
Country
Mexico
this game works in NTSC with regionfrii?

rolleyes.gif

DjFIL

Trophies
Website
homepage.mac.com
XP
Country
Canada
First... got it working on my NTSC 3.3U D2Pro (19-wire install, using 1.0 firmware). But, I did brickblock and regionfrii the iso first.

My favorite golf game so far is Super Swing Golf series. The controls were the best style, and you had the most control of power (i find wii sports golf and tiger woods golf swinging systems inconsistent). I've only played about 4 holes in We Love Golf... and really like some features (like point at screen to go to aiming mode, and point down to go in to normal mode [instead of button presses in every other golf game]). The main swing controls are taking some time to get used to... I really like the back swing and being able to control power\distance like that... but having to time the impact is quite difficult, in about 20 swings I think I got the timing right once. The graphics are pretty nice, but I thought it was supposed to be 16:9... looks 4:3 on my tv, can't find any in-game options either. I'll play more of We Love Golf as it looks like a good game overall... but I'm waiting to see if Tiger Woods 09's control rebuild is going to help that series on the Wii.

Pikachu025

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
shadow1w2 said:
A golf game made by a guy that has never played golf once in his life and doesn't really like it.
I'd be interested in trying it, but probly not paying full price.

Also Pengya (Super Swing Gold in the US) has a course ontop of batleships. And thats just an awsome thats hard to beat.

Unless theres a course inside a megaman stage. Then that would be awsome.

Online play makes it sound really good though.
Guess I'll have to look out for it.

Still, wish they'd just be honest and call it "We dont really care about golf!"
or "Capcom's game with a stick."
This game is made by Camelot, the same guys who made the Mario Golfs. It's just impossible for this game to be worse than Pangya.

bollocks

Trophies
XP
Country
Pikachu025 said:
shadow1w2 said:
A golf game made by a guy that has never played golf once in his life and doesn't really like it.

Also Pengya (Super Swing Gold in the US) has a course ontop of batleships. And thats just an awsome thats hard to beat.

This game is made by Camelot, the same guys who made the Mario Golfs. It's just impossible for this game to be worse than Pangya.
well, they both originated from the same place (sort of).. Camelot made the first Everybody's Golf, and Pangya started out as an online ripoff of the Everybody's Golf series.

canli

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
works good without on ntsc without brickblock and regionfrii..
Generally, I don't do it with capcom games

King Zargo

I'm a Star
Trophies
XP
Country
Nepal
This golf game is sweet. Way better than that pangya crap!!!

Its music and the playing style look a lot like Mario Golf.

Kamakazie

Trophies
Website
www.kamakazie.net
XP
Country
United States
bollocks said:
Pikachu025 said:
shadow1w2 said:

well, they both originated from the same place (sort of).. Camelot made the first Everybody's Golf, and Pangya started out as an online ripoff of the Everybody's Golf series.
And imo, the PC version of Pangya is better than most Everybody's/Hot Shots Golf titles.

karseet

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DjFIL said:
First... got it working on my NTSC 3.3U D2Pro (19-wire install, using 1.0 firmware). But, I did brickblock and regionfrii the iso first.

My favorite golf game so far is Super Swing Golf series. The controls were the best style, and you had the most control of power (i find wii sports golf and tiger woods golf swinging systems inconsistent). I've only played about 4 holes in We Love Golf... and really like some features (like point at screen to go to aiming mode, and point down to go in to normal mode [instead of button presses in every other golf game]). The main swing controls are taking some time to get used to... I really like the back swing and being able to control power\distance like that... but having to time the impact is quite difficult, in about 20 swings I think I got the timing right once. The graphics are pretty nice, but I thought it was supposed to be 16:9... looks 4:3 on my tv, can't find any in-game options either. I'll play more of We Love Golf as it looks like a good game overall... but I'm waiting to see if Tiger Woods 09's control rebuild is going to help that series on the Wii.

Watch out buddy, that 0.25 ratio isn't doing you any good
smile.gif

1ronlung

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I seem to be in the minority here, but didn't like it much. You need to keep an eye on the screen to time your swing and it all feels *too* arcadey to me.
The sports pack golf gives a much better feeling of immersion and giving a better feeling of golf.

I have Super Swing, but haven't tried it yet ... I also have great hopes for Tiger '09

Shiroi Kaze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kind of odd... the US version hit stores 2 days ago and still no release, this was the only Wii game I was looking forward to this month.
frown.gif

xboxrules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shiroi Kaze said:
Kind of odd... the US version hit stores 2 days ago and still no release, this was the only Wii game I was looking forward to this month.
frown.gif

Same here, in waiting for Tiger 09 (late August) this one seems to be the next best thing... guess the usenet ripping teams were working on SNK
wink.gif

wiimodder69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Its a fun game!! if you liked Hot shots or Mario golf, you will like we love golf.. I cant peal myself away from the stupid game once i start!!! Now question, has anyone had any luck with online mode??? man i'd sure like to play some others from around the world... I never connect when i tryu searching for other players......It's still a new release....maybe in time???

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 90K it's fine lol