Hacking Wii backup Manager for Windows

WiiModder123

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi,
I want to mod wii party with the dii party mod (from gamebanana), so the only way I see to put the mod files into the wii party files is to transfer my wii party copy to SNEEK format (I have no clue what it exactly means) and then I can copy the mod files into the folder called "files". But now I don't know how I can convert it to ISO or WBFS to let Wii backup manager read it. So how do you do convert a Sneek Format to ISO or WBFS?

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Does this app support NKIT yet?
No.

EDIT: Look at this quote from official Wii Backup Manager website:
  • Read RAR, ISO, CISO, WBFS File.
  • Write ISO, CISO, WBFS File, SNEEK extraction.
  • Direct conversion from any of the readable formats, to any of the writable formats.
  • Transfer any readable format to WBFS or simulated WBFS drives.
  • Multiboot ISO support. An entry is added to the file list for each game partition.

JasonH

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I checked the Title and I noticed that the Original Title was scc_080_US
If this needs to be changed, how?
I can change the "Game Title" but not the "Original Tile"
Have you tried a hex editor?

Reactions: Alexander1970

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Well the OP might want to add in NKIT support, since it's here to stay. Otherwise this tool is obsolete for someone entering the Wii scene.
NKit tool is ONLY for convert from .nkit.iso to vanilla .iso and viceversa.
Wii Backup Manager is a multi-tool for Wii backups, because it is used mostly for convert from and to multiple formats, such ISO to WBFS, ISO to CISO, SNEEK, and viceversa. It also allows to transfer your Wii backups to your HDD.

So, the Wii Backup Manager MUSTN'T BE OBSOLETE anymore, even when the Nkit support is missing in it (since there's a tool for converting from .nkit.iso to vanilla .iso).

JasonH

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried a hex editor?
I think i figured it out. In the top menu i chose Options and then Settings then Titles. Then i clicked on the check box for "Use GameTDB Titles" Then i clicked all the check boxes in the renaming section below it.
Then i clicked "Download titles.txt" then clicked "OK" and it changed the original title to from "scc_080_US" to
"S!mC!ty Cre@tor" with the correct spelling of course.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
NKit tool is ONLY for convert from .nkit.iso to vanilla .iso and viceversa.
Wii Backup Manager is a multi-tool for Wii backups, because it is used mostly for convert from and to multiple formats, such ISO to WBFS, ISO to CISO, SNEEK, and viceversa. It also allows to transfer your Wii backups to your HDD.

So, the Wii Backup Manager MUSTN'T BE OBSOLETE anymore, even when the Nkit support is missing in it (since there's a tool for converting from .nkit.iso to vanilla .iso).
It's just irritating having to use two tools in tandem to get one job done, that's all I'm saying. I really hate that ISO uploaders switched to NKIT, since none of the tools or USB loaders I use support the format. (Wii Game Manager, CFG Loader, etc.)

JasonH

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's just irritating having to use two tools in tandem to get one job done, that's all I'm saying. I really hate that ISO uploaders switched to NKIT, since none of the tools or USB loaders I use support the format. (Wii Game Manager, CFG Loader, etc.)
(VIMM dot Net) has wbfs format. You have to change the format just above the download button.

Codemastershock

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
(VIMM dot Net) has wbfs format. You have to change the format just above the download button.
the issue is that vimm fails to download quite often recently and there are other places that share only nkit files which I find extremely annoying, but I dont think wii backup manager is obsolete, just dragging and dropping wbfs files never worked as well as backup manager for me.

Reactions: SaulFabre

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    hazbeans @ hazbeans: You're counting all your sheep in disguise.... Caught up in the world of lies