Hacking Wii Disk Loaders Issues and Answers :

tagteam3283

Trophies
XP
Country
Distrance said:
Any help here ? My friend keeps getting that 324 read error or whatever it was called.

Tried both DVD-R and +R. Verbatim brand.. burned with IMGBurn on lowest, and on highest speed. I think its the problem with the cIOS files but we can't find a proper cIOS file. the cIOS file included in Gamma backuplauncher doesn't install.. gets some weird error. We tried also other cIOS files we got from waninkoko's website, and he gets error like this :

Installation failed!
SUCCESS! Installation completed

I dont remember the exact words, but the 2nd last line says it failed, last line says it completed, but it doesnt work :

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I can get IOS36rev10 from Waninkokos site. But the rar's only have the boot file. In the installation text it also says something about placing some IOS wad file to the root of the SD card. We got one on the root, and we tried rev9, 8 and something else.. doesn't work.

Also afaik.burn speed has nothing to do with it. When I had Wii I burnt all my games with 16x. I too, had 3.4E, but I dont remember anything about the modding, lol.

misteromar

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Q : Does the Gamma loader hurt my drive?
A : No it doesnt in any way - thats an unfounded and untrue rumour started by people who dont want you using software to play backups.

This is untrue. All optical disk drives have a finite life and running burnt media as opposed to printed media does put more of a strain on the the drive and lens. Its debatable how much shorter the life of a drive will be, 10%, 20% 50% etc etc, but to say there say it no way its affects a drive in untrue.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well pointed out there misteromar.

The average lifespan of a dvd laser diode is 100,000 hours of continious read time - or 11.41 years of constantly reading discs.

It has NEVER been proven that a writable disc puts more strain on a lens though we do know it needs to read it more as it errors more than a printed disc , but strain is the incorrect term and misleading.

Now even counting the double reading time on some discs with scratches and errors (this wont happen on good quality discs kept in good condition - same as printed discs) the amount of re-read time could be estimated to be 2 hours of constant re-reading in the lifespan of the drive - so taking that 2 hours away we are left with 99,998 hours of continious read time (estimated based on diodes quality) or translated to years its ......... 11.41 years !! OMG

(basically your spouting shit and shut up)

misteromar

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I agree with the point you are making that the shorten life in most cases is small.

Sure dvd drives in theory should last for 11 years or such, but in the real world they dont. For example I had a launch Wii that only played original games have its drive fail after 2 years. , also had a few ps2 with DRE, gone through alot of dvd burners etc etc. I dont know if strain is the right term, but the way burnt games and print games are placed on the dvd are different. It takes longer to read from a burnt disk and the drive does more seeking. To me it means the wii is working harder to get the same amount of data in the same amount of time.

It may be a very small risk, but people have other options like booting games from a external HD.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The lifespan of the dvd drive is based on the quality of the diode crystals and its this quality that determins how long your drive will last and not which discs you use.
Its comparable to using brunt CD's in a CD player - you could also say that they reduce the lifespan of the cd player , but the amount is such a minimal number that when averaging out the expected lifespan it gets nullified within the calculations.

Also it was impossible to boot from the Harddrives when the OP was written back in the days of the Beta loader and the post wasnt really designed for usb loaders , it was designed for the loaders that originally came out, though we still try to help if a question on usb loaders comes up.

Klarkykat

Trophies
XP
Country
Ugh, sorry for bulking up this forum with yet another stupid question, but i've been at this all day and it's killing me.

I'm trying to get the usb loader up and running with a 16g usb key. I've tried severel loaders with both an sd card and the usb key, but the wii isn't recognising the usb key at all. I've tried a 4g usb key and it's the same thing. I don't know what the hell is wrong. Am i missing something obvious?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Klarkykat said:
Ugh, sorry for bulking up this forum with yet another stupid question, but i've been at this all day and it's killing me.

I'm trying to get the usb loader up and running with a 16g usb key. I've tried severel loaders with both an sd card and the usb key, but the wii isn't recognising the usb key at all. I've tried a 4g usb key and it's the same thing. I don't know what the hell is wrong. Am i missing something obvious?

You really need to let us know more

What version is your wii on ?
what rev cIOS have you installed ?
what loader are you trying to use ?
what brands are the USB sticks and how are they formatted ?
Have you tried using WBFS manager to format them instead of the wii ?
have you IOS's on the drives if they are formatted ?

Did you get any errors installing anything ?

Klarkykat

Trophies
XP
Country
djtaz said:
Klarkykat said:

You really need to let us know more

What version is your wii on ?
what rev cIOS have you installed ?
what loader are you trying to use ?
what brands are the USB sticks and how are they formatted ?
Have you tried using WBFS manager to format them instead of the wii ?
have you IOS's on the drives if they are formatted ?

Did you get any errors installing anything ?
Oops. Yeah, sorry bout that.

version is 3.2
I installed the rev 10 cIOS
I've tried waninkoko's and the usb GXV loaders
One of the usb sticks is by transcend (16gig) and the other is by Integral (4gig). Both are formatted as FAT32
I haven't, but that's the next plan of action
tongue.gif

Yep. They're there, but the wii isn't recognising the usb sticks at all.

When i tried to look at the wads on the stick using wadmanager it came up as error Ret =-1... So i dunno.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Tray formating the wads using wadmanager and put the ISO's on then - Fat32 needs to be overwritten with WBFS - you will lose the iso on the drive when you format it so take it off first

Klarkykat

Trophies
XP
Country
Do you mean format the usb stick? I was able to format it with WBFS and load a few ISO's on it. But the wii still has problems recognising the stick it seems. Think this could be an issue with the usb sticks.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
zalman said:
What is the title code for Backup Launcher 0.3 gamma?

That varies depending on who made it. Usually is BULG or something like that , but its all up to whoever created the wad installer

alucard971

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know if there is a way to increase loading speed to get rid of FMV jumps? I have been told modchips work, but I am a stickler about my warranty. (not to mention I have shaky hands). how about USB loaders?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
alucard971 said:
Does anyone know if there is a way to increase loading speed to get rid of FMV jumps? I have been told modchips work, but I am a stickler about my warranty. (not to mention I have shaky hands). how about USB loaders?

What loader are you using ? Im not seeing any speed issues on any of the loader i use
What cIOS are you on ?

Also , i killed my first wii trying to install a modchip - they are quite hard to do if you dont have experience

Klarkykat

Trophies
XP
Country
Finally got waninkoko's loader working when i put both the Integral and Transcend usb sticks in at the same time. I think the Transcend one isn't compatible with the wii at all, so i think i'm going to buy a bigger drive tomorrow. Any recommendations? I would like one that's around 300 gigs and doesn't require a power adapter.
unsure.gif

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Im using a powered Harddrive so i really cant recommend much im afraid. Because of the nature of all of these things there is a lot of trial and error with devices so its really guesswork at the beginning.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie here. After comparing USB Loader and Disk Loader, I decides to go ahead and install NeoGamma Launcher on my Wii. Problem is that many guides I found here are quite contradictatory. I have a virgin 4.0 Wii (LU35) with bootmii in boot2 and HBC installed. I already backed up my NAND. It seems that I need to downgrade IOS35. Where do I go from here to get my Wii ready for Neogamma?

187skillz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
t.co
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
i installed the HBC on thanx to Banner bomb i was wondering for the Wiigator Back Up Launcher do i need 2 install the cIOS installer 2 use it or i can just put Backup_launcher in the apps folder(on the sd card) and use it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Stepcroc, I'm stuck.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Those are monitor lizards you dunce.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I'm funny. lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Eggs and roasted potatoes came out good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching the first omen and so far it's not the priest doing the scaring
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Shouldn't the kid be the scary one?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The second omen: the chior boy gets his revenge
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Reverse exorcist: it's when you hire a demon to remove the priest out of a small child.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hire Kendrick Drake possessed a minor again
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, I'd run away from his singing too.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wonder if Drakes still allowed to use his Instagram
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds like everyone has some great imaginary friends
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Yeah, that was insane.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Don't know what Drake was even thinking.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What every rich scumbag thinks that they can put their dick on anything and get away with it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I better hide my silicone Tifa doll
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What did Drake do, exactly? I don't follow celeb gossip.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Supposed accusations that Drake groomed a minor.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Allegedly groomed a 17 year old Instagram model or something along those lines
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Yep, something like that.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1MJtV0UPI8