Hacking Wii Game Manager

nuahs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, was wondering if cISO could be implemented the same way as Intelligent GUI v6 does.
It uses two wbfs.exe files. You could just use the wbfs_hermes.exe for the cISO functionality.

Twid

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Hi,

I'm running it (1.5.0.2) with Vista 64 and I always have an error (one for each disc) before selecting a partition (Lenght must be >=0). Is it a known bug ? It's annoying but it works
smile.gif

bros

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

Micha085

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Twid said:
Hi,

I'm running it (1.5.0.2) with Vista 64 and I always have an error (one for each disc) before selecting a partition (Lenght must be >=0). Is it a known bug ? It's annoying but it works
smile.gif
I don't know if this is a known bug - but I also have this error (but not as often as you I assume).
It occurs (sometimes, not always) when I selected a game, add it to a wbfs partition and then select another game.
BTW, I'm using WinXP SP3 (of course 32-bit
wink.gif
), so it's no 64-Bit problem.

regards,
Micha

pccfatman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry I have not been around much lately to work on the program. Life has been very busy recently. I will try and get these errors looked into and find out why they are happening as soon as I can.

Ed

schooluser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm glad you're still looking out for us
smile.gif

Is there any way you could add a "download cheats for all games" option and let us point to where the cheats folder is?

Also, I've started running multiple partitions with games, will there ever be an option to have one tab load 2 partitions worth of games for all the "compare to list X", "automatic cover downloading", and code downloading stuff?

If you do want to implement the automated download of codes, a sample url would be
http://www.geckocodes.org/codes/W/WRXE.txt
with all of the games following suit.

Geckocodes stores the cheat files as text files for automated downloaders, but it saves them in a format with no line carriages, making it hard to read/edit the file. If you do add an automated downloader for codes could you make it download the files and replace all the characters with the asc value 48 to the asc value 13 so it is human readable? I would appreciate it very much.
Or if you can just give me a snippet of your code for downloading covers, namely how it reads the directory/file structure and how it creates a socket to connect to the internet, downloads a file, and verifies that it's a valid file instead of a 404 message, i can modify it and turn it into a vbscript that will download all the cheat codes automatically
smile.gif

While I was writing this I figured out how to make it check the validity of the cheat file, the first line will always be the GAMEID.

If you want, I will work on this, and if I get a working version in vbscript I will give it to you to add to your program. You would probably only have to make minor changes to integrate it with your current queue setup.

Edit:

I have created my automated downloader, you need to edit the first couple of lines to point to the cheat directory and the directory your game directories are in, the directories need to be in cfgusbloader's default format of usb:\wbfs\GAMEID_Game title
and I don't have a way to parse the directory filenames from a wbfs partition so it only works with fat32 and ntfs.
There is no need to check the contents of the file because if it returns anything other than the file being found, it skips it.
Also, it will not overwrite the file if it's already there, but you can remove the comment in the code and allow it to overwrite

Download from mediafire:
http://www.mediafire.com/?mv1yoxqnymj

Feel free to integrate it with your program in a right click on the game list way like download cheats for all selected,
or download and overwrite cheats for all selected, you would only have to make it check if they're trying it on a wbfs partition first, and use whatever method you have of downloading covers to pass the names that way.

egycan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using Wii Game Manager 1.5 and it doesn't recognize my trimmed .iso files.
However, the old WBFS Manager work with the same trimmed .iso files just fine.

Can you please help?

schooluser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The older version of wii game manager worked with an older version of wbfs_file.exe

I believe if you find that version and replace the wbfs_file.exe in your game manager directory, it should be able to do what it used to do. As far as being able to help more than that, I think we would need more information. What did you use to trim the iso file? Does the game manager have problems with the iso files you've already converted to wbfs format for your loader or are you storing them on a wbfs format drive?

What exactly is the problem you're having with it? Does it not recognize it as a game? Does it not recognize it once it's on a wbfs partition? Where does the recognition problem happen exactly?

More info like that would help us help you.

egycan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a collection of trimmed ISOs on my PC (on an NTFS drive), when I try to add the to the Wii Game Manager list (A or B) nothing gets added.
Wii Game Manager doesn't recognize any of them.
While the command line version of wbfs_file.exe works well on the same files, If I move them to my WBFS drive (using any other utility) then Wii Game Manager recognizes them very well. Even if I un-trim them, Wii Game Manager starts to recognize them again.

I'm guessing there is an ISO size check inside Wii Game Manager that ignores the ISO if the size of the file is not 4GB.

schooluser said:
The older version of wii game manager worked with an older version of wbfs_file.exe

I believe if you find that version and replace the wbfs_file.exe in your game manager directory, it should be able to do what it used to do. As far as being able to help more than that, I think we would need more information. What did you use to trim the iso file? Does the game manager have problems with the iso files you've already converted to wbfs format for your loader or are you storing them on a wbfs format drive?

What exactly is the problem you're having with it? Does it not recognize it as a game? Does it not recognize it once it's on a wbfs partition? Where does the recognition problem happen exactly?

pccfatman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
egycan said:
I have a collection of trimmed ISOs on my PC (on an NTFS drive), when I try to add the to the Wii Game Manager list (A or B) nothing gets added.
While the command line version of wbfs_file.exe works well on the same files, If I move them to my WBFS drive (using any other utility) then Wii Game Manager recognizes them very well. Even if I un-trim them, Wii Game Manager starts to recognize them again.

I'm guessing there is an ISO size check inside Wii Game Manager that ignores the ISO if the size of the file is not 4GB.

schooluser said:

There is no file size check in the program, if you could zip up one of the smallest and make it available for me to get I will find out why the program does not recognize it

Ed

schooluser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
egycan said:

Are they all stored in the same directory or do you have them separated and are using the "recursion" option to find them? Are their extensions .iso or something different?

egycan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
schooluser said:
Are they all stored in the same directory or do you have them separated and are using the "recursion" option to find them? Are their extensions .iso or something different?

They're all in the same directory
They're all with .iso extension

schooluser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
egycan said:
schooluser said:

They're all in the same directory
They're all with .iso extension

Well that rules out recursion, the program mistaking the extensions for something it's not, and since you've used wbfs_file.exe that's located in your game manager directory without problem that rules out that specific version of wbfs_file being unable to read the iso file properly, the only thing I can think of is that wbfs_file reports an error to the Wii Game Manager even though there isn't one. I'd say take the smallest one and compress it, and send it to pccfatman for more information, because there's no errors anywhere else, and it may be something as simple as the program not liking the name of the file or the information returned from wbfs_file.exe

I know when you use a complete iso, wbfs_file returns a message saying something like "Iso not sparse(1)" so maybe it's not returning anything because it is sparse, or Wii Game Manager isn't recognizing the message it's getting from the iso being trimmed.

schooluser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LxTrix said:
Hey Ed maybe you should recruit another coder to help you so you can keep this alive.

I know it's definitely the best program out there. I'd like to help if I could, but it would take me a bit to play catch-up. I don't think it will die though, he's just got a life is all
smile.gif

That is rare for a programmer to have a life
tongue.gif

pccfatman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
schooluser said:
LxTrix said:
Hey Ed maybe you should recruit another coder to help you so you can keep this alive.

I know it's definitely the best program out there. I'd like to help if I could, but it would take me a bit to play catch-up. I don't think it will die though, he's just got a life is all
smile.gif

That is rare for a programmer to have a life
tongue.gif
I'm very sorry guys that I have not had time for the program. I won't let it die, I just have very little time these days. I own a business and it takes up a good majority of my time. Plus having 2 kids keeps me very busy as well. I will get another release out soon.

Ed

Dark_Sandman

Trophies
XP
Country
Jordan
Hi, listen the game manager is awesome but i dunno about you guys but when i try and download cover art on it, it says success on the log, but i get nothing and still shows it as a blank cover.
i have NSMB Wii, please reply.

And, everything is on default and english language in case you're wondering.

pccfatman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dark_Sandman said:
Hi, listen the game manager is awesome but i dunno about you guys but when i try and download cover art on it, it says success on the log, but i get nothing and still shows it as a blank cover.
i have NSMB Wii, please reply.

And, everything is on default and english language in case you're wondering.
There is not alot of error checking in the cover download process. First make sure you have set your cover paths in the options menu and make sure the folders exist. Second make sure that the file does not already exist in that directory. Make sure all 4 directories are different (ie covers, covers\3d, covers\disc, and covers\full) because if they are all the same it will skip the file after it gets the first one.

If that does not work let me know and Ill see what I can figure out.

Ed

bros

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I have found the "bug" (it's not really a bug ...) for my problem in cover download @ post #363

The cover that Wii Game Manager can't download are for region free games.

I think Wii Game Manager have to download first the cover by language and if it can't then by region ....

Example for me ...

Medal Of Honnor 2
--> French cover exist --> download
--> French cover don't exist --> game is region free --> no download

Another Game
--> French cover don't exist --> region is PAL --> download PAL cover

pccfatman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bros said:
I have found the "bug" (it's not really a bug ...) for my problem in cover download @ post #363

The cover that Wii Game Manager can't download are for region free games.

I think Wii Game Manager have to download first the cover by language and if it can't then by region ....

Example for me ...

Medal Of Honnor 2
--> French cover exist --> download
--> French cover don't exist --> game is region free --> no download

Another Game
--> French cover don't exist --> region is PAL --> download PAL cover
This is true, the program is written to download the cover based on the 4th letter in the gameID, if the file for that region does not exist it will not download the cover. Not sure why it is logging it as a successful download tho, i'll add that to my list of things to look at
Ed

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3