Edwii

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
So ya, Im a nerd. I put a 100" HDTV in my bedroom room(10'x12'). Connected it to my Computer, PS3, 360, Wii. I want to play wii games, i really do, I want to play zelda again, I want to play mario again... but when your screen is this big and 1080, and there is NO anti-aliasing I just cant do it. I could barley do it on my 42"hdtv.

So now PS3 has these new doohickey super controllers that are suppose to turn into a PSWiii right? oh and, 360 upgraded there hardware sorta, already... oh wait wii started using black plastic instead of white! i guess were on the right track after all...
Well good for them but no other system has the titles that Nintendo dose that I want to play.
I know Im not the only person saying this but common, its almost 2011, and we have been playing games that look near identical as they did in 2001(game cube)

Lets take a fun little trip down memory lane to a little place i like to call 1999... N64 had an expansion pack, remember that? Ok sure it did next to nothing(8megs of ram!), but the thought was there right!
yay.gif
They have the power, we have the money! its win win right?...

Has any one heard some semi-reliable rumor that the big N might give us the joy of an HDMI hole and graphics hardware?

PS. As much as i dislike sony... Wouldn't it be cool if they bought the licenses for nintendo games ...... oh and made a mouse and keyboard for shooters? ... (drools smiling)...

ryu00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
dont quote me on this, however if you look into the pc wii emulator dolphin you can add anti aliasing and run games at 1080p if youve got a decent pc, which is more than likely considering you have a 100" tv and all consoles. the emulator has quite high compatibility rate these days altho it might take a little reading of the forums to get suitable configurations for each game.

Edwii

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ryu00 said:
dont quote me on this, however if you look into the pc wii emulator dolphin you can add anti aliasing and run games at 1080p if youve got a decent pc, which is more than likely considering you have a 100" tv and all consoles. the emulator has quite high compatibility rate these days altho it might take a little reading of the forums to get suitable configurations for each game.

You raise a good point, that would one way to get a step closer with the power i have before me... except tho my pc is no slouch when it comes to power. i have seen videos of on you tube with near identical computer hardware. It looked amazing... but things start to slow down quite a bit. but worth looking into as the programing gets better and the hardware gets cheaper.

Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 32-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.100618-1621)
Processor: Intel Core?2 Duo CPU E8500 @ 3.16GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 3328MB RAM

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260
Display Memory: 2286 MB
Dedicated Memory: 879 MB
Shared Memory: 1407 MB
Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)

KirovAir

Alcoholic Programmer
Trophies
Website
www.jessesander.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Edwii said:
ryu00 said:

You raise a good point, that would one way to get a step closer with the power i have before me... except tho my pc is no slouch when it comes to power. i have seen videos of on you tube with near identical computer hardware. It looked amazing... but things start to slow down quite a bit. but worth looking into as the programing gets better and the hardware gets cheaper.

Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 32-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.100618-1621)
Processor: Intel® Core?2 Duo CPU E8500 @ 3.16GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 3328MB RAM

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260
Display Memory: 2286 MB
Dedicated Memory: 879 MB
Shared Memory: 1407 MB
Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Why are you using a 32-bit OS, with 4GB of RAM?

Edwii

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Darkmystery said:

my friend gave me his official copy of windows7 32bit for free... yup. and tho i havent used a 64bit os in a while i never noticed much change. even if i could upgrade to 64 for free, i would be hard pressed to go to all that effort of reconfiguring my system/loading everything/etc. again.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Edwii said:
Darkmystery said:

my friend gave me his official copy of windows7 32bit for free... yup. and tho i havent used a 64bit os in a while i never noticed much change. even if i could upgrade to 64 for free, i would be hard pressed to go to all that effort of reconfiguring my system/loading everything/etc. again.
it's worth it i'm using win7 64x and trust me it's A LOT faster. your not even getting to use all of your ram in 32bit your wasting about 1gb!

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
What kind of TV is it? I've got a Bravia that can make PS1 games look as good as they did 10 years ago. Check your presets and fiddle around with the settings. I can just set the TV to Cinema mode and it'll fix 99% of issues (textures, jaggies, etc) right there. I think Wii games look perfectly fine in HD as long as you play in 4:3. That fake widescreen they're using makes them look like shit

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: oh shiz something could be happening