Hardware Wii remote calibration tools

ilikegoldengrahams

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm a huge fan of lightgun games and so when playing them I like my sights to be as accurate as possible.

I was just wondering if there are any tools that would allow me to calibrate the alginment of the remote to my personal tastes? Perhaps something similar to PS1 classic Point Blank and Time Crisis 2 on PS2. I find the methods where there is onlyy one target used on the screen are the best ones as in my epxerience the methods where you have to shoot several different targets can take forever and a day to get them to youe own preferences.
Many thanks

DoTheDonkeyKonga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The short answer; not really.

The slightly less short answer; its to do with how the Wii determines position of the Wiimote. There isn't really a way to calculate proper 3D positional information to any degree of accuracy, which is what would be needed for decent 1:1 positional calibration.

There's more info (along with possible solutions) here but as far as I know it's still just theory.

That said I believe some Wii games (I've heard House of the Dead mentioned) do allow some in-game calibration to increase accuracy, but it still won't allow for a "proper" lightgun experience.

ilikegoldengrahams

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for that.

You are correct in that House of the Dead Overkill has a calibration option but it's just... awfull!

The link you provided makes for a very interesting read but at the moment I only wish to shift the data from where I am pointing the screen. For instance when I point the remote at a position on the screen, the actuall place the pointer is on the T.V is a little diagonally to the right upwards.

I understand this is somehthing that people have looked at before but even a little tool that allows the point to be shifted manually e.g poniting at the screen while shifting the recorded position using the d-pad would be splendid!

:gun:

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To shift it you can change the setting for the Wii sensor bar position in the system options (above TV or below TV). Though that may make a bigger difference than you're looking for, and it also probably won't help your "diagonal..." part of how you want it shifted. You may be able to physically mvoe the sensor bar to help fix it a little though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @MysticStarlight, Hello