Hacking Wii Shop Channel Error Code:200101

iggloovortex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whenever i try to start the shop channel it gives me error code: 200101. I asked nintendo what that meant, and they told me it meant the shop channel was down. this would be fine and all but its been like this for several months, and unless i was the only one getting a sony psn outage on my wii then something is wrong.

The issue now is, i have no idea what. Im on 4.3, i was before, and everything was fine, then one day my wii over heated from standby, no biggie. open it replace parts, close it, all good. or so i thought, because now im stuck with this error.

Error Code: 200101
Wii Shop Channel

There are appears to be a temporary problem with the Wii Shop Channel.
The Wii Shop Channel may be temporarily down (this could include scheduled maintenance). Please wait a few hours and retry the connection again.

temporary my ass. anyways, ive reinstalled 4.3, and shop channel v20, and ios 56 v5662 at least a dozen times, to no avail, so here i am wondering now, wtf do i do. im about to attempt to install 4.1/2 to see if that fixes it

iggloovortex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bump again
frown.gif
my shop channel restarting the system menu, not allowing itself to be upgraded/installed again, and also i have all the necessary ios' installed. for the record, WiiSCU doesnt work for me, what ios does it use?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
OK someone need to answer here. I never had a problem with the shop channel, but I can think about some problems you could have. At first use ModMii to install the latest shop channel and needed cIOS. Then do this:
1st:
Give your wii a static dhcp. Google how it works for your router and do it. This gave me the possibility to update my 3ds, may it helps you to access the shop channel.
2nd:
Open all wii ports in your router. Check out this website for the needed ones. Google it for your router again. http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/w...ineFirewall.jsp
3rd:
Check out if your wii can play wii games online after doing the things above. If not then your router may be incompatible in general or your internet speed is too slow.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Bad, very bad. Sounds like something on your wii is broken... Someone should seriously help this guy!

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
iggloovortex said:
PabloACZ said:
iggloovortex said:
replace parts

Which parts did you replace?
the bluetooth/wifi and stuff, but everything along those lines works. tested and confirmed

This may sound silly, but have you tried formatting your console? I think the problem is related to your Wi-Fi MAC Address, which was automatically changed when you replaced the Wi-Fi module.

According to this page, formatting your console will reset the flags in /shared2/succession/transfer.id (this file contains info related to your physical MAC Address).

If you already did that and it didn't work, then I'm out of ideas. Maybe if you have BootMii as Boot2 present in your console, you may want to try the Comex's NAND Formatter way.

iggloovortex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PabloACZ said:
iggloovortex said:
PabloACZ said:
iggloovortex said:
replace parts

Which parts did you replace?
the bluetooth/wifi and stuff, but everything along those lines works. tested and confirmed

This may sound silly, but have you tried formatting your console? I think the problem is related to your Wi-Fi MAC Address, which was automatically changed when you replaced the Wi-Fi module.

According to this page, formatting your console will reset the flags in /shared2/succession/transfer.id (this file contains info related to your physical MAC Address).

If you already did that and it didn't work, then I'm out of ideas. Maybe if you have BootMii as Boot2 present in your console, you may want to try the Comex's NAND Formatter way.
i did try, should i try again?

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How are you upgrading/updating shop channel. an since no one is sure whats going on. if you have priiloader, marked as "block updates" an not using wads. that could be causing the problem. worth a shot.

iggloovortex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ive tried, wad, dop-shop, MMM, Wii Mod, everything. it reaches content 2/18, and just sticks there for hours, both installing and uninstalling

Did a REALLY old nand restore after backing up saves. looks like everything is ok to an extent. hopefully i never have to go through that again

danielz20081

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe this works for you, download Nus Downloader on wiibrew.com download it. when it finishes open it and search on database for wii shop channel, check in the box that converts it into wad and put a save location after that download it and install the wad file to your wii. see wiibrew.com for information

iggloovortex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Figured I'd revive this thread seeing as how its been over a year, the Wii U is now out, and I'm still the only one with this error code and cant access the shop channel to transfer my data.
I've installed and reinstalled Shop Channel 21, as well as IOS's 56 and 61 for 4 hours now. No matter what I do, Shop Channel still gives me error code 200101.
When I look up the error code on the Nintendo support site, this is the response:
Error Code: 200101
Wii Shop Channel

There are appears to be a temporary problem with the Wii Shop Channel.

• The Wii Shop Channel may be temporarily down (this could include scheduled maintenance). Please wait a few hours and retry the connection again.
If you have waited several hours but are still receiving this error code when connecting to the Wii Shop Channel, please call 1-800-255-3700 so that we may assist you further.

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You can extract the setting.txt from a nand backup. It is in \title\00000001\00000002\data\setting.txt
You may be able to view the info with wiimod, not sure on that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3