Hacking Wii System Menu Replacement (in development)

SanGor

Witchhunter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
a system menu as an IOS replacement?
IOS can't access any Video stuff (and I don't think it can access Audio but not sure on that one)
IOS is also way slower than PPC which will quickly cause problems.

And what he made runs on PPC, he seems to not really have a clue what he is doing?
GRRLIB is also quite hated by most of 'real' wii coders ...

And I don't believe that some random guy can create a system menu replacement if it was that easy we would have tons of them by now, but there is only one by crediar.

thc42O

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
its just a boot.elf file run it and see what happens. it doesnt REPLACE ANYTHING and ude need to have preloader auto boot it so yah. should be safe enough.
its late here i cant be arsed to do it and there is little to no documentation on usage instructions SO. anyone try it yet?

spanishnerd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, so I have tried up this app. It's just a generic .ELF app for the Wii, it does not replace anything, and mimicks completely the interface of the original System Menu. It has a serious lack of things (For an example, there is no clock lol) But considering that it is just 0.01 I guess I should not expect nothing that big
rolleyes.gif

But it's kinda promising, time will tell us if it will really get full featured and get better than the actual system menu from nintendo.

gamerjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*feature request* i know its really early but is there anyways you could make it so the disc channel could check if it was a DVD for movie watching? it would be much simpler to run it all off one channel

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: first of all, i don't watch those kinds of videos, and if i did i'd pull a verbalase 50k but...