Condukt365

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DaRk_ViVi said:
Hellfenix said:
The rescue menu is built in to the wii but usually only boots diag discs.
This hack makes it so it boots any region wii discs, probably doesn't boot backups as crediar wouldn't encourage that.

Maybe it's a noob question but... what is a diag disc? °°
Diagnostic disc, I assume.

Dr.Tenma

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Some asked on wiidev :

CraZzy And what are diagnostic disc :wtf: ?
crediar those have '0' at the first byte
CraZzy Only that ?
crediar yes
crediar normal games have 'R'
crediar so normally they wouldn't boot in that mode
CraZzy Oh okey

killplaystation

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
linkinworm said:
i had a dream about an iso loader last night, killplaystaion sent me the code, something to do with an offsert of 0x0027 or something in the region patch...
WTF lol. Im glad i could make my way into one of your dreams.
laugh.gif
In real life, i'd just tell you to get a drive chip
tongue.gif

zant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
killplaystation said:
linkinworm said:
i had a dream about an iso loader last night, killplaystaion sent me the code, something to do with an offsert of 0x0027 or something in the region patch...
WTF lol. Im glad i could make my way into one of your dreams.
laugh.gif
In real life, i'd just tell you to get a drive chip
tongue.gif

*slaps both killplaystation and linkinworm

hmm..... So one of my guesses were possibly correct.......... and unbricker.............

I shall await in the shadows
ph34r.gif
ph34r.gif

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't believe all of the ignorant people knocking the removal of the health warning screen.

This screen should have been displayed once and then never again.

Having to see and interact with it every time you turn on the Wii just makes it feel like Nintendo is babying you.

The 360 launches straight to the dashboard... the Wii should do the same.

DaRk_ViVi

Sending you back... to the future!
Trophies
Website
www.darkvivi.it
XP
Country
Italy
teq said:
I can't believe all of the ignorant people knocking the removal of the health warning screen.

This screen should have been displayed once and then never again.

Having to see and interact with it every time you turn on the Wii just makes it feel like Nintendo is babying you.

The 360 launches straight to the dashboard... the Wii should do the same.

This is right, but have to wait with a black screen for the same time the health screen stayed on the tv is useless for me.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
hmm, how can this be region free? the guy in the video has a japanese wii and the game he is playing is also japanese....

also when they rebooted the wii you can still see the health and safety screen for a few milliseconds, i wish there was a hack to make the wii boot directly to the wii system menu without seeing any black screens and health and safety stuff.

skawo96 said:
What if someone likes this screen?

i guess you must be the only one.

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
no, he had a 3.3E Wii (as seen on the LOOOONG black screen around 2 min into the video

He had English and Japanese channels, and booted a Japanese disc...

wish there was some sound with the video, and some links, or a voice over at least, lol

F0ur2o

Trophies
Website
www.bigkahunatattshack.com
XP
Country
Canada
So it takes that long just to load the channels..???

Is that the explanation of the black screen or am I missing something?

I too think a little animation there or something is still better than a black screen for 5-10 seconds.

Give me a progress bar maybe even. Loading .. .. .. .. .. ..

Cool work.

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be honest here, I also like that warning screen.

It something you really never notice anyways, because if you're used to the Wii now, you should know to just hit A when the Wii loads. It's not like you read that everytime.

But this looks really like a great app. I bought a Wiikey already so this has no use for me. Unless I want to remove the health menu which I don't. BUT if someone came up with a way to edit the health screen, such as putting a background of a game and some sound effects saying "Press the A button" then it would load to the Wii menu, Now that's something I would update to.

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
Brian117 said:
To be honest here, I also like that warning screen.

It something you really never notice anyways, because if you're used to the Wii now, you should know to just hit A when the Wii loads. It's not like you read that everytime.

But this looks really like a great app. I bought a Wiikey already so this has no use for me. Unless I want to remove the health menu which I don't. BUT if someone came up with a way to edit the health screen, such as putting a background of a game and some sound effects saying "Press the A button" then it would load to the Wii menu, Now that's something I would update to.

You took it out of my mouth

Also, I would love:
Gamecube logo when playing GC games in Disc Channel would be animated/inastead of that it would show the banner of GC game (they have a liitle banners, don't they
Custom color that would be applied to Wii Menu

blazingwolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off, this is amazing. A custom System Menu, reminds of my PSP in a way.

The removal of the intro screen is cool and actually kind of useful, every once in a while I get caught up in something and forget to press A. The fact that it boots straight into it is nice. Sometimes I start the Wii, leave the room to get something to eat or drink, and its still there. (Though it usually gets to the menu right when I get in.) Anyway, I think its a nice addition.

The built-in region free for Wii and GC is AWESOME. No more freeloader or having to load GeckoOS. Also, will this allow use of the gamecube AR on Wii again? I hope so.

A recovery menu? Sweet. Its also nice to have the security.

Overall, I think we can all agree this is badass.

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
erolz said:
QUOTE said:
This hack includes:
*No healthwarning (the blackscreen is the time it needs to load the channels)
not really interesting i think. because the waiting time is the same (only now with a black screen instead of the health screen)
Totally interesting. Having to press the A button every time when booting the Wii pisses me off...

Let's hope that he'll add GC controller support for the Wii menu, and first of all, that this is real
unsure.gif

DaRk_ViVi

Sending you back... to the future!
Trophies
Website
www.darkvivi.it
XP
Country
Italy
Vater Unser said:
erolz said:
QUOTE said:
This hack includes:
*No healthwarning (the blackscreen is the time it needs to load the channels)
not really interesting i think. because the waiting time is the same (only now with a black screen instead of the health screen)
Totally interesting. Having to press the A button every time when booting the Wii pisses me off...

Let's hope that he'll add GC controller support for the Wii menu, and first of all, that this is real
unsure.gif

You don't have to press A, just wait some seconds. And it's the same here, just that you have a black screen instead of the health screen. :\

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    oh man, that always goes great!
    im sure half the responses won't be literal racial slurs or "drop table" jokes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Look, it's China. They know what it's like when you give a poll to half a billion trolls.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much dollar do you think it is?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    ONE MILLION DOLLA
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I know the pricing of electronics nowadays isn't "how much it actually costs" but "how much we can get away with", but putting up a poll is just cynical.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably $150 someone said Anbernic said around the same price as rg556
    you know which game i wish they would rerelease
    sonic unleashed
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make it a happy meal toy
    that game's engine is really fucking intensive so it runs like literal shit on xbox 360 and ps3
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah I'm getting value creep again. I look at a $50 console "but for just a few more dollars you could get XYZ" and I end up considering the Steam Deck.
    +1
    like the lighting in that game was genuinely so good
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not getting dragged into that again.
    i dont get why they didn't port the one game that ran the worst on consoles, to pc
    like you port everything to pc except the one game where it would make the most sense. why. what do you gain from this
    is sega just personally fucking with me? are they laughing while watching me through my kinect camera as i get up to restart my xbox for the third time because the game froze again
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Buy handhelds from five below better quality
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Valve probably going to do another refresh of the deck this fall with rog ally like specs tbh
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    A smaller form factor would be nice too.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A shield portable 2 would be nice aye Nvidia
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    The big leap in all things tech is when carbon based chips start hitting.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Longer battery life cooler temps and faster! What's not to like lol (probably expensive as hell)
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Longer battery life cooler temps and faster! What's not to like lol (probably expensive as hell)