Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

FPSRussi4

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
I sold my wiiu long ago because I expected homebrew/backup loaders sooner. I will buy a wiiu when BOTH are running. So if there is no wiiu backup loaders than Nintendo has no chance of making money off me.

I do buy 'must have' games for the systems I own. see what I'm saying?

Sort of. Definitely buy the quality titles at a reasonable price. I'm only pirating games that refuse to have their price lowered(Lego City Undercover is still 49.99, 59.99 in some stores, James Bond game is still 39.99 and 49.99)

PhyChris

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I find it pretty ridiculous that people are still finding reasons they think are "justifiable" to pirate video games.

I hope piracy will never come to the Wii U.

You are right. Its not a 'just' truth but truth none the less

if wiiu has no piracy I will not buy one or any games

I have an xbox with a 500GB sata-to-IDE adapter FULL with ROM's, homebrew and games 1000's of them i have a wii with 200+ pirated games and a PS3 with ALL the good games 50+ and a bus load of PSN games, works online too! When my friends come over for drinks'n J's we spend hours surfing through them :) I LOVE IT and this experience would not be possable without piracy

some know me as a thief, other's... ROBIN HOOD

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean the plans you had originally to release.

Again, there are none. Just think of it as we're still cleaning up the code for release/to get it to work. A function not behaving as intended is a minor detail. Progress is still being made and that's all that matters.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You are right. Its not a 'just' truth but truth none the less

if wiiu has no piracy I will not buy one or any games

I have an xbox with a 500GB sata-to-IDE adapter FULL with ROM's, homebrew and games 1000's of them i have a wii with 200+ pirated games and a PS3 with ALL the good games 50+ and a bus load of PSN games, works online too! When my friends come over for drinks'n J's we spend hours surfing through them :) I LOVE IT and this experience would not be possable without piracy

some know me as a thief, other's... ROBIN HOOD

Robin Hood; he robs from the game developers so he get can get pissed and stoned with his mates!

Robin Hood, how exactly? My recollection of the story seems to be a little different than yours.

The crux of the it is that he steals from the rich to give to the poor. You're not poor, you'd just prefer to spend your money on booze and weed.

It seems to me you're more robbin' hood than Robin Hood.

Mr. Mysterio

Super Genius
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I enjoy reading this thread every day because it usually contains USEFUL INFORMATION about the Wii U hacking scene. I really think there should be a thread devoted to debating piracy. That way this thread won't be getting derailed EVERY DAY.

It is my view that piracy:
- hurts the developers
- helps the players (unless they get caught)
- is ILLEGAL
- SHOULD NOT DEBATED ALL THE TIME

People should just accept that everyone views the "ethics" of piracy differently and that is their right and not debate it ALL THE TIME.

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To everyone talking about Hykem get access to a Wii U:
At this point, the rest of the keys are relatively worthless to the average user. It's the exploit that's important now because with that comes escalated privileges and the ability to dump your storage keys along with the eMMC and NAND. It would be nice to get him a Wii U though so he can test the kernel exploit since he's in our Skype group and is actively helping with it.

Reactions: VinsCool

zecoxao

Trophies
XP
Country
We need to fund a wiiu for him. I've got $20 for him right now. Anyone want to start a fund ?

just remote testing with a wii u on 5.1.0 or lower would be sufficient.
of course everyone decided that it'd be a most wise decision to update, so our best bet is to wait for a wii u to fall on Hykem's hands :/
and they're not cheap to come by...

Mr. Mysterio

Super Genius
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To everyone talking about Hykem get access to a Wii U:
At this point, the rest of the keys are relatively worthless to the average user. It's the exploit that's important now because with that comes escalated privileges and the ability to dump your storage keys along with the eMMC and NAND. It would be nice to get him a Wii U though so he can test the kernel exploit since he's in our Skype group and is actively helping with it.

I would be happy to test some things for you with my Wii U. :) (5.3.2U software)
I already have a local server set up that I can use to feed files into the Wii U browser.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: YUH