Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

Techn0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same questions over and over and over. No! Do not update...ever. The 5.5.1 update patched a version of the webkit exploit. Yellow8 assumed that his exploit was also patched, and released it. Turns out that it wasn't patched, so we still have an entry point into 5.5.1. Also, the IOSU hack does work through 5.5.1, and the keys to decrypt it have been released. That means that the exploit will work on 5.5.1, when released. However, that doesn't mean that you should run right out and update. Your best bet if you want to exploit a console is NEVER update. You can always update it manually once your system is hacked, if needed.

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same questions over and over and over. No! Do not update...ever. The 5.5.1 update patched a version of the webkit exploit. Yellow8 assumed that his exploit was also patched, and released it. Turns out that it wasn't patched, so we still have an entry point into 5.5.1. Also, the IOSU hack does work through 5.5.1, and the keys to decrypt it have been released. That means that the exploit will work on 5.5.1, when released. However, that doesn't mean that you should run right out and update. Your best bet if you want to exploit a console is NEVER update. You can always update it manually once your system is hacked, if needed.

Now, that was really helpful! Very well explained! Thanks a LOT!!!

Chuardo

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
So is it normal to have TubeHax and NOT be able to connect online (for loadiine or for disc online play)?
If you have the lastest update on a retail game, you should be able to play online.
If there is a update or you are playing on Loadiine, you can't have access to Online on games.

twocows

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should I stay on 5.3.2? Or update.... hmmm loose loadiine and everything for a short while or wait.... big questions
There's no reason to update, all of the exploits and new software will be available for 5.3.2 as well (and since the WebKit exploit is more stable on 5.3.2, you definitely shouldn't upgrade). And even if that wasn't true, you could probably just to a disc update to the relevant firmware.

MRDOCA

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Yea I won't update there's not really any point to update since there isn't anything new on newer firmware anyway. EmuNAND will be awesome

Blazingflare

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So did the 5.5.1 update actually patch anything?
Did anyone ever consider that Nintendo probably added a browser based update check like they did with the 3DS? They just pushed a WiiU system update that only affected the browser and seemingly patches nothing. Even the well known stagefright exploit that they already patched on the 3DS wasn't touched.

They probably did this so all the kiddies were are on 5.5 waiting for their IOSU hacks would think it was safe and update to 5.5.1 so they could have eshop access and their entrypoint. Then Nintendo Pushes their next huge browser based exploit that patches all the known entrypoints, and possibly a few others as well and when the kiddies try to use their browser next, they are greeted with a message that tells them they can't use the internet browser until they update.

Granted that is all just speculation and assumptions. But it's a pretty logical assumption and very likely what is actually going on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Get well soon
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i hope both of you guys get better
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Thanks mate.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I used to drink alcohol fairly often. Never to the point of it being a problem, but like 2-3 beers with dinner each night, or a few cocktails or glasses of Scotch or something. Started smoking/vaping weed a lot a few years back which killed 90% of my interest in booze. Now I stopped smoking/vaping weed as much and just deal with life the boring way most of the time
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I only drank alcohol once and it was by accident
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I didnt know it was beer, it was on a juice bottle
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Yeah, I'm addicted to smoking, sadly. It's very addictive but I wish I didn't start.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    May just order a 5700g for a nas/emulation set up tbh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast you were asleep on 4/20
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, you played that Mario flash game called Mario 63?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, No, but I've seen it on Vinesauce's stream.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, that game is one of the reasons i met newgrounds bc the full versión of it is in that site
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Also somebody is remaking it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, the other game where I found newgrounds is new york shark
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Spoke to Tom Fulp the other day, if he can find his old Newgrounds site content like the mini Flash animations from the 2000's that played on the portal.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So far no response, but he did say that he'll find them. Wayback Machine doesn't have em.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast the 1999 versión of pico's school is avaliable (the difference between it, the 2006 versión and the 2016 versión is that the speed of the game depends of the speed of your computer and that it had the og soundtrack)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Another being Pico VS Bear, the original 1999 version before Jim Henson filed a DMCA takedown.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    The 2006 versión was made when the flash portal was made
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Many people thought it was lost, but was discovered that he hid it on the same page.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, although the "secrets" system where the game was has been removed. Also pico vs uberkids had a netplay versión that was shutdown, although the swf file has been found
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, although the "secrets" system where the game was has been removed. Also pico vs...